No announcement yet.

The Avengers ("Avongers")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil Spencer is full of ****. What's with all the timed exclusives on SeriesX then Phil? Or cuphead being exclusive for years, or Tomb Raider? Or back in the 360 days Mass Effect didn't come to ps3 until the sequels were out!
    'Oh we won't do it again... ' bull****.

Comment

It's the same practice on both platforms. Timed exclusives on both sides. He's said he's not a fan of doing timed exclusives and for extended lengths ... I think that was the exact quote, but I figure it's a necessity when your competitors are doing it and your platform also has a perception of having little exclusive content?

So I don't think he's full of **** per se... The reality is timed exclusives aren't going anywhere in the short term and Sony tends to not cop as much flak about it in comparison but all things appear to be equal...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I honestly hate "exclusive" games unless they are explicitly made by the company in question.

First-party games kinda suck but we accept them as part of gaming, because the way platforms work allows us to get those awesome games which otherwise, probably, wouldn't exist. Classic example would be a title like Ico, which was an arthouse project for Sony.

Compare to when Microsoft got the "exclusive" on PUBG last gen. They didn't create the game; it already existed. They just paid so PS4 owners would not have it.
        First party games suck? What the actual? So you don’t like ANY Nintendo or Sony games whatsoever?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          First party games suck? What the actual? So you don’t like ANY Nintendo or Sony games whatsoever?
          No, no, I mean just games being single platform as a thing, not the games themselves. Like as a kid how I really wanted to play Starfox, but couldn't as I was a megadrive owner.

Comment

Should of bought a Snes then 🤷.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Should of bought a Snes then 路.
              I was 9

Comment

Yeah you should've bought a SNES you tightwad Asura.

On the other hand, being 9, you were probably holding out for the release of Starfox on Megadrive, per leaked info gleaned from a kid on the playground whose uncle worked at Nintendo.

Comment

Well it's nothing new, remember the exclusive characters per format for Soul Calibur 2?
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Heihachi, Spawn and Link if memory serves me well?

If anything that made you want to triple dip on all of them...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Heihachi, Spawn and Link if memory serves me well?
                      Yeah... The Soul Calibur guest fighters are a mixed bag, for me, anyway. They're symbolic of when Namco started to make SC their custom fighters, "anything goes" game and keep Tekken as their more serious game, when honestly? I would've preferred they'd gone the other way around.

Comment

Yeah I get you on that one. I actually stopped playing Soul Calibur after the stellar Dreamcast version of 2.

Didn't they have Yoda and Vader in it at some point? It all got a bit Masters of Tera Kasi for me.

Comment

Soul calibur 2 wasn’t on Dreamcast was it?

Comment

Yeah I meant 1, don't mind me.

Comment

I guess it was Soul Edge 2.

Comment

Seeing a lot of mixed opinions on the game online, ...companies know what they are doing though naming them Beta's instead of what they actually are and that is Demos as you will always see people defending it bringing up the fact its a beta, really though a proper Beta needs a lot more in advance.

With Avengers i still find it bizarre most of the characters look weird....not even like the comic book counterparts either.

Comment

Working...
                                X