The Avengers ("Avongers")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    How does Halo Infinite campaign dlc get cancelled with no budget worries and this junk gets 2 more years of support, is it that profitable still? It must be for that kind of commitment.
    Squeenix will have committed to a content schedule due to the license, and they expected it to be a huuuuuge success. They're probably just wrapping up what they committed to from the off.

Comment

The game just felt really weird to me, combat was ok but lack of notable villains (which could argue might be a marvel issue) stunt double looking main cast, Loot which had no cosmetic look (which was likely done to sell skins)

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        The game just felt really weird to me, combat was ok but lack of notable villains (which could argue might be a marvel issue) stunt double looking main cast, Loot which had no cosmetic look (which was likely done to sell skins)
        Its biggest problem was that it missed the boat. They made that huge announcement that it wouldn't have gacha or loot boxes when it was still a ways from being finished, but it was clear that it was a project which was designed to wield literally every predatory aspect of the monetisation mambo like Thanos with all the Infinity Stones. When they made that announcement, many people (even on here) said that the wheels were coming off before it was even out, and then finding out it wasn't MCU but skirted it so close to be tacky made it even worse.

Honestly it's the victim of a product that took too long to get to market. The world pivoted between them signing the contracts and clicking "launch".

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Its biggest problem was that it missed the boat. They made that huge announcement that it wouldn't have gacha or loot boxes when it was still a ways from being finished, but it was clear that it was a project which was designed to wield literally every predatory aspect of the monetisation mambo like Thanos with all the Infinity Stones. When they made that announcement, many people (even on here) said that the wheels were coming off before it was even out, and then finding out it wasn't MCU but skirted it so close to be tacky made it even worse.

Honestly it's the victim of a product that took too long to get to market. The world pivoted between them signing the contracts and clicking "launch".
          They really did throw every horrible system into this for a full price game. To have a skin store, individual character battle passes, and new characters as payable dlc, is everything wrong with modern video games.

Despite all the predatory practices, it seemed to attract a die hard fan-base of Marvel fans who where buying all the new characters they released, completing all the battlepasses and buying all the skins, it may have bombed at retail but i think they may of recoupled some of the losses via the whales buying up any old crap they put out.

I had a few freinds on psn that ate this crap up just because you could play as marvel characters, and are the type of people that if they like the IP enough they will buy a game despite the negative reviews, it seems their is a lot of these type of people out their that don't care if a game is sitting at 60% on metacritic if its an ip they like.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 24-01-2023, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            it seems their is a lot of these type of people out their that don't care if a game is sitting at 60% on metacritic if its an ip they like.
            Admittedly I bought Shadows of the Empire on the Nintendo 64

Comment

Working...
            X