User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's not on at all - it means if Amazon take 100,000 pre-orders on the PS5 at 500 3-4 months ahead of release, they're earning interest on 50 million - that's a nice little earner on interest free loans from your customers.

Frankly it's a mickey take.

I'm still no clearer on this after asking for clarification. This seems to suggest you'd only be charged in advance for pre-orders if a pre-order is part of another order.

There's seems to be confusion at Amazon, let alone in their customer base.
    -----------------------
    After reviewing our previous correspondence with you, please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding caused.

This situation was the result of a human error, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Further to your e-mail, I can understand that you would like to know whether you will be charged for the pre-order item after 5 days of the purchase, even though the release date is 90 days later.

I would like to inform you that, if an order contains a pre-order item, this will not be charged under upfront authorisation. For all items in that order, you will be charged when each item dispatches.

If you've placed a pre-order item and if you've been charged before your item was dispatched, it was due to an error.

If you wish to pay only at the time of dispatch, you may cancel your pre-order to get a full refund. If you place a new pre-order for the same item we will only charge you once your item dispatches. If you take no action, then your item will be dispatched as normal.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

@MartyG it also seems as though they're being unclear with some of their language.

Like they think, if they're just authorising the payment, then that isn't "charging" for it. They are "technically" correct. However, if I make a pre-order for 49.99, and my balance decreases by 49.99, that's thew part which matters. That means I've been charged in the pragmatic sense, if not the semantic one.

If they're just doing a pre-authorisation on the payment then I'd put them on my credit card as I don't really care about them holding funds on that, but you're right, holding it on a debit card is a different matter, especially if it's for something large like the Game of Thrones 1-8 UHD-BR collectors edition (that's currently listed at 300 on Amazon with no current release date).
    Last edited by MartyG; 09-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.

If you have no money on the card you use, the order will be cancelled with no chance to change the payment method.

This seems like a mick take. I would just use The Game Collection, 365games and Shopto - their prices are usually better than Amazon anyhow, and they only charge when they ship.

Thanks for the headsup, have started using Shopto again for pre orders.