No announcement yet.

Watch Dogs 3: Legion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the gameplay streams after the show made it look like another soulless ubisoft open world full of glitches/bugs and the same gameplay/copy pasted animations used for the last 15 years. It just is watchdogs2 bland crapness with added npc functions, i'm amazed anyone is impressed with the silly looking 'john wick' slow roll shooting.

Webm.red is a simple service for uploading, hosting, and sharing webm videos

Last edited by Tobal; 13-07-2020, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
      the gameplay streams after the show made it look like another soulless ubisoft open world full of glitches/bugs and the same gameplay/copy pasted animations used for the last 15 years. It just is watchdogs2 bland crapness with added npc functions, i'm amazed anyone is impressed with the silly looking 'john wick' slow roll shooting.
      GOTY 2020!!

Comment

Most interesting thing raised it's Teddy's comment... where was Just Dance 2021?!

Comment

Watch Dogs looks fun, that’s the one I’m most interested in. WD2 was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            This, AC Viking and Far Cry 6 all launching so close to each other. Do Uni do anything other than open world map-a-thons?
            Worth remembering Legion was due sooner but 'delayed' due to Ubisoft's disastrous FY 19/20 financials (where revenue was only $1.4bn instead of the $2.2bn expectations). Ubisoft probably don't see Far Cry's date as an issue being next year.

That said AC is following on from their most successful one ever, and they will be under huge pressure to improve on last year's results. On top of the appalling allegations emerging from their studios and senior managements being let go (probably with golden handshakes).

Comment

Hot Take No.45823 - Ubisoft will fail to hit that target. Current conditions and new console launches aside, I feel like Watch Dogs has never cracked the glass ceiling the way they wish it had whilst Far Cry feels burnt out and given this one started development a whopping 2 years before the tired FC5 launched there's little hope that it isn't also effectively another FC3 retread. Assassin's will do well but I think the new gen distraction will limit its earnings and it's not going to be a showcase for them either.

Comment

https://webm.red/view/fFoJ.webm

ooh you're a hard man to please Tobal! It honestly looks to me like a lot of fun playing around with the different characters and their different skillsets. Kinda like Lemmings really.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                  ooh you're a hard man to please Tobal! It honestly looks to me like a lot of fun playing around with the different characters and their different skillsets. Kinda like Lemmings really.
                  maybe , i just feel ubisoft are banal developer, zero artistic direction, all focus grouped to appeal to everyone rather than creators vision so it's all so quickly forgotten and £10 in a sale, and now everything they do is open world interchangeable with the last release, regardless of the genre or setting. I don't feel i missed out on anything they've produced since i last bought ubisoft game which was (the excellent) Farcry3, and tried but didn't like For Honor when it was free, but at least that felt like it had someone directing a vision for it.

summary, i'm a snob against Ubisoft.

Comment

It's a shame as Rayman Legends was brilliant. I think all of their artistry was spent on that.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      It's a shame as Rayman Legends was brilliant. I think all of their artistry was spent on that.
                      Raymans comback was before Farcry3, well Origins certainly was i played and enjoyed that back on the 360 which has got be a decade old now by now.

Comment

That was good but Legends is a step up. PS4 version is fantastic.

Comment

maybe , i just feel ubisoft are banal developer, zero artistic direction, all focus grouped to appeal to everyone rather than creators vision so it's all so quickly forgotten and £10 in a sale, and now everything they do is open world interchangeable with the last release, regardless of the genre or setting. I don't feel i missed out on anything they've produced since i last bought ubisoft game which was (the excellent) Farcry3, and tried but didn't like For Honor when it was free, but at least that felt like it had someone directing a vision for it.

summary, i'm a snob against Ubisoft.
                          Fair criticisms all. I agree with most of them, it's just that somehow they still manage to keep me engaged & I mostly have fun playing them.

Though I will readily admit the demo (and subsequent **** storm that followed) proved that Ghost Recon Breakpoint was a step too far.

I was glad to hear they basically re-engineered that game, I look forward to picking it up for 20 bucks at some point. And yes it's not REAL Ghost Recon I know, but as they say, any port in a storm.

Comment

Oooooooh, finally someone listens to my yearnings for a new THE GETAWAY...

Comment

Game will run at 4K30fps

Comment

First 2 hours of gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn3T744rsNo - that's running on PS4 Pro, looks quite nice environmentally and framerate looks fairly consistent.

Seems like loading transitions are in the 20-30 second range, so will next-get bring that down to under 5?

Comment

Working...
                                X