Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Racing game blog

Hi all

I started a racing game blog this year, as is my main genre passion. I hope to build it into something quite decent, currently it's just me and I update as and when.

Have a look if you're interested. Retro is the real focus, as modern racers get enough generic coverage on the main sites.

Nice little blog Mart. If you need proofing down the line, let me know. No charge natch.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks for that slightly patronising offer. It's just a fun blog for people that like that sort of thing. I'm not looking to win any writing awards with it.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post

I started a racing game blog this year, as is my main genre passion.
        I love arcade style racers, so your blog really appeals to me. I really enjoyed reading your review of Burning Road; an interesting curio that I enjoyed quite a bit back in the day. I agree that the game is too punishing. It didn't have me coming back for more and more like the even more limited Ridge Racer. There's something a bit bland about it, even if it's technically impressive in places.

Next I'll read your Ridge Racer V review; a game that I haven't played much, so need to give it another chance.

Comment

I really liked Burning Road but the flaws are quite apparent. I find it quite the opposite of bland as you can see, it's noisy and fun and the music is excellent.

I hope the blog continues to appeal. Ultimately the aim to to encourage people into getting or avoiding games they have on their watch lists or to show people racers they may have missed.

I'm happy for contributors too if anyone wants to help out. I cannot cover every game alone!

Comment

I find it quite the opposite of bland as you can see, it's noisy and fun and the music is excellent.
            I felt it was a bit too copycat without much design flair. It's like the developer wanted to prove they could create a arcade style experience but they didn't use much imagination. Although, I did think it was impressive with decent music.

I'm happy for contributors too if anyone wants to help out. I cannot cover every game alone!
            At least you have plenty of games cover, so your blog will have new content for years to come.

Comment

Working...
            X