No announcement yet.

Xbox Game Pass (Xbox / PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't updated this in a while, but here's some new stuff arriving and old stuff leaving

Available now
    Monster Hunter: World (Cloud)
    Final Fantasy XII

February 18
    Code Vein (PC)
    Pillars of Eternity 2 (Cloud and console)
    Wreckfest (Cloud, console, and PC)

February 23
    Killer Queen Black (Cloud and console)

February 25
    Dirt 5 - Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Console and PC)
    Elite Dangerous (Console)
    Superhot: Mind Control Delete (PC)

Leaving February 24
    Dirt 4 (Console)

Leaving February 28
    Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (Console and PC)
    Mother Russia Bleeds (PC)
    Oxenfree (Console and PC)
    The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (Console)
    Vambrace: Cold Soul (Console and PC)

Comment

Dirt 5 - Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Console and PC)

Can't wait to play this!!

Comment

Finally a means to use Game Pass streaming on Windows:

Comment

Originally posted by KIT786 View Post
          Finally a means to use Game Pass streaming on Windows:
          https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...eaky-download/
          I've been using this method since a day after launch... It's not new news. I've not risked the code for game pass streaming though, only used it for local streaming from my console as basically that gives me the same level of access anyway.
          Last edited by nonny; 04-04-2021, 06:26.

Comment

So umm if it couldn't get any weirder the next big title hitting game pass this month is MLB The Show. Not a huge baseball fan personally but to anyone that is this is one of the best games out there and it's never been on Xbox.

Why? Well it is of course a PlayStation first party game so has been exclusive until now. With it going into game pass day one it does make the comparison a bit hard to swallow... You can either buy it for $60-70 on PS or try it in game pass for $1-15pm ...

Sony hasn't said a peep this week which is just odd. What with the store closure announcement and now this then silence is most telling. I can only assume there are some major changes going on over in the PS camp. Hopefully a better PS Now / Plus to compete?

Comment

Could have been pressure from MLB wanting to be on more platforms too make more money.

Comment

I believe that MLB are publishing it on Xbox, not Sony. One of the terms of Sony renegotiating the license was that the game go multi-platform.

They'll have been compensated financially so it's win-win.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  I believe that MLB are publishing it on Xbox, not Sony. One of the terms of Sony renegotiating the license was that the game go multi-platform.

They'll have been compensated financially so it's win-win.
                  Yeah that makes sense... Still doesn't remove the comparison being less favourable for PlayStation. I would have thought Sony would have immediately announced it was an inclusion in PS Now day one.

I know they don't do that as a practice but I'd assume they don't want ongoing headlines like this and it might be time PS Now offered day one releases.

They're being suspiciously quiet over it this far anyway which is why I think they'll come out with some new announcements about how their subscription services are adapting.

Comment

It's strange but I'd assume the majority of baseball fans would probably already own a PlayStation due to previous years of exclusivity so are more likely to spend $60 - 70 on the latest version than $500 on a different console where they can play it for "free".

I think Sony should pull PSNow into PSN membership. I don't necessarily agree that they should put their first party stuff up day one as, from a business perspective, they make loads of cash. Maybe after 6 months to a year as they have been doing would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      It's strange but I'd assume the majority of baseball fans would probably already own a PlayStation due to previous years of exclusivity so are more likely to spend $60 - 70 on the latest version than $500 on a different console where they can play it for "free".

I think Sony should pull PSNow into PSN membership. I don't necessarily agree that they should put their first party stuff up day one as, from a business perspective, they make loads of cash. Maybe after 6 months to a year as they have been doing would be good.
                      Yeah I don't think putting stuff in day one is the only viable model and that they have to do that but PS Now as it stands now just feels a bit archaic compared to the competition. It might have more games than game pass and perhaps even more variety and quality (depending on your tastes) but it's a strange setup where not everything is downloadable and some major franchises are stream only.

It's clear things have to change mainly due to there being stuff competition. How they change it is up to them, but yeah I can see a 6 month window being a good option and potentially folding it into the standard PSN sub.

Really everything should be downloadable and hopefully all 1st party stuff stays in the service once it's added.

With Outriders and now this I just see Xbox increasing the 3rd party inclusions for game pass so really PlayStation has to do something to elevate it from it's current state.

Comment

How does the Game Pass model work? Do MS give a slice of sub fees to publishers? I love Game Pass and I really hope Sony do their own version. Only thing that worries me is when games suddenly come off the service.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          How does the Game Pass model work? Do MS give a slice of sub fees to publishers? I love Game Pass and I really hope Sony do their own version. Only thing that worries me is when games suddenly come off the service.
                          As far as they've communicated there is no one method. They make various deals to different publishers on a game by game basis. Generally I've not heard any negative commentary from developers using this option... So it seems it's working for them as it alleviates some of the risk in bringing a costly product to market.

Outside of that we know all first party title go in day one and remain in for the duration.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Outside of that we know all first party title go in day one and remain in for the duration.
                            Which make no sense.
                            TLOU2 sold 2.8million in the first month. 2.8million X £40 is £1.1 billion.
                            I doubt MS are giving that amount for exclusive games to game pass. So MS games will surely be made on a smaller budget to make up a good profit margin. Not to mention, as a developer, you'll look over the garden fence and see the vast profits being made on the rival machine.

Comment

I hope Sony don’t go down the gamepass route. I like the different approaches. MS have gone all in on a brilliant service. But I still want that drip-feed of AAA goodness from PlayStation. Both platforms can do well without doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                Which make no sense.
                                TLOU2 sold 2.8million in the first month. 2.8million X £40 is £1.1 billion.
                                I doubt MS are giving that amount for exclusive games to game pass. So MS games will surely be made on a smaller budget to make up a good profit margin. Not to mention, as a developer, you'll look over the garden fence and see the vast profits being made on the rival machine.
                                You maybe right but we also know that despite cheap methods right now game pass is generating billions in revenue per month, every month. As with any single game release the revenue tapers off after the first few months unless there is DLC, micro transactions or other revenue streams attached. I guess TLOU2 is a great example of a single player only title with none of that to supplement it.

It's impossible to compare exactly but you also have to consider that MS hasn't removed conventional methods of just purchasing the game outright either, digitally or physical. People do like to compare game pass to Netflix but it's not the only option in the ecosystem.

I do wonder whether MS will do something like offer just standard versions of its titles in game pass and then offer deluxe versions at retail, so the attachment to those extra revenue streams remain. Who knows how it'll play out really. All I know is I'm signed up to game pass for a few years, and I've got more than my monies worth playing great games.

Comment

Working...
                                X