Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    chocobo
    Thanks for that, QC. Now the chocobo theme is stuck in my head. Jeeeeez.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Is that where you run away from every battle?!

I played 8 on the PC and lost interest at the T-Rex fight right at the start, but rinsed 7.
      More or less. You just 'Card' everything and the refine the cards in to magic to boost your stats. It means you still get involved in combat and get serious high level magics quite early.

Comment

There is a rumor floating around that this will have an 'English and Japanese voiceover'. I can't imagine they would add voices to this.

"With fully overhauled visuals, see your favorite characters come to life like never before! FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered is an RPG, available in English and Japanese voiceover, and is also text localized into French, Italian, German and Spanish."

Deutsche Bildschirmtexte und englische/japanische Vertonung kommen ins Remaster von Final Fantasy 8 - sagt zumindest die Meta der Webseite.

Comment

It looks like the original ISO going through upscaling via. an emulator, low-res backgrounds and all. What's so 'remastered' about it?

Comment

Wasn't there a lost source code issue with FFVIII (the reason a remaster/re-whatever has taken so long)? If so then maybe they're limited in their options to update. Gotta say though, I was disappointed watching that vid too.

Comment

3rd September release date. $19.99.

Comment

Looks like including full voice acting was wrong. Damn

Comment

Square Enix has some new screenshots for Final Fantasy VIII Remastered today. This one allows us to have a closer look at the difference between both games. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will be out on September 3rd. It was confirmed for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. The game will be available to purchase for $19.99. Square Enix dropped a

Comment

Character models are far improved. The backgrounds have had a touch up too, looks good. I'm not taken by Squalls new face...not sure it looks like him...

Comment

Probably because you can see his eyes now. Squall in every game he has been in since 8 (Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts etc) has looked like this for a while. Kinda like looking at Snake in MGS1 and then seeing him in 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X