PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    I have updated the links in my previous post to the prime day consoles as a couple were the non prime day listings. not sure if multitap & pads have shipping restrictions on them.
    Many thanks, it looks like I was able to grab a console and a pad using your links

Comment

It's all very strange, not only listing all 3 regions of the console on amazon japan for starters but also locking down the non prime day version to domestic shipping. Looks like there's no cancellation restriction in place, didn't see one this time like when i ordered the md mini. Really curious now if these are amazon japan exclusive or not.

With the release date so far away i have a feeling Konami is using preorders as a gauge to work out how many to make of each regions console especially as they announced it so early, especially with how far away production is.
      Last edited by importaku; 14-07-2019, 16:38.

Comment

Cheers just ordered, any info on when its safe to cancel prime?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Cheers just ordered, any info on when its safe to cancel prime?
          That i do not know, leave it a couple of weeks just to be safe. Thankfully if the worst happens it's only 500 yen for another month. I'm leaving mine for a few weeks just in case. In theory you could cancel prime now that the order has gone through, but i'm not risking it just yet.

Comment

Ignore- just read above about the non-Prime day version being domestic shipping only...

Comment

It's all very strange, not only listing all 3 regions of the console on amazon japan for starters but also locking down the non prime day version to domestic shipping. Looks like there's no cancellation restriction in place, didn't see one this time like when i ordered the md mini. Really curious now if these are amazon japan exclusive or not.

With the release date so far away i have a feeling Konami is using preorders as a gauge to work out how many to make of each regions console especially as they announced it so early, especially with how far away production is.
              I was surprised to see a three versions available, I’m going to wait and see if the same applies to the U.K. tomorrow (from midnight?) I only ever owned a coregrafx so that’s what I’m really after anyway. CBA with signing up for JP prime.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                I was surprised to see a three versions available, I’m going to wait and see if the same applies to the U.K. tomorrow (from midnight?) I only ever owned a coregrafx so that’s what I’m really after anyway. CBA with signing up for JP prime.
                If it's prime day then tonight at midnight for uk one. I'm curious to see what the situation for this is.

Comment

If it's prime day then tonight at midnight for uk one. I'm curious to see what the situation for this is.
                  I just successfully pre ordered the euro from amazon jp without prime using your link. 100% confirmed. Weird.
                  Seem you only need prime for the USA or JP version.
                  Last edited by SuperDanX; 14-07-2019, 19:32.

Comment

So, at present, if I want the EU version I have to go through Amazon Japan?

I've been wanting to explore the PC Engine a bit more and this seems like the ideal way to do it. I'd rather just buy it here in the UK but I don't want to find out you can only get it from Amazon Japan and then every sku's sold out.

Comment

Wait for midnight tonight and see if it appears on amazon uk as various news sites are reporting it to be listed on prime day but it doesn't specify it's amazon japan. Because japan is furthest ahead timezone wise that might explain why they got it first with other regions it appearing as the time zone catches up.
                      Last edited by importaku; 14-07-2019, 21:05.

Comment

That makes sense, cheers

Comment

It's now currently sitting at the top of the best seller rankings in the videogame department on amazon j. Seems like it's going to do pretty well for itself unless Konami end up doing a Sony lol. It's beating pokemon and a lot of others in preorder volume not bad considering it's only been on preorder for 7 hours..
                          Last edited by importaku; 14-07-2019, 21:53.

Comment

I think I have completely lost track of what is going on here. Are these only available through Amazon Japan, even the euro one?

Comment

They were announced as amazon exclusive, amazon japan announced it would start selling preorders on prime day as it's already monday there. Monday here in the uk is not far off as it reaches midnight tonight so then it's prime day in the uk and we can see if amazon uk puts it up for preorder.

Them listing all 3 regions of console was totally unexpected, just waiting to see if amazon uk or any of the euro amazons put anything up. Amazon usa will be the last to catch up timezone wise.

[edit]
                              Well it's prime day on amazon uk and i can't see anything so far, if it's on there then it's damn well hidden as i can only find original retro pc engines on there.
                              Last edited by importaku; 14-07-2019, 23:28.

Comment

Well, nothing's showing.

If you got to https://www.konami.com/games/pcemini/gate, select the Europe/English for your region/language and then click on the order button it does take you to the amazon jp page.

I'm just going to assume this is the way Konami are doing it until I hear otherwise; put my pre-order down.

Comment

Working...
                                X