No announcement yet.

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£21.99 is a cracking price. Although to be fair the PCE mini pad leads are extremely long in comparison to all the other minis, so only buy one if you NEED wireless. Which I guess we all do.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      £21.99 is a cracking price. Although to be fair the PCE mini pad leads are extremely long in comparison to all the other minis, so only buy one if you NEED wireless. Which I guess we all do.
      Yes I need one as the mrs keeps pushing the sofa back from my Oled because in her words “The screens to big” sheesh

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on one of these. Unlike the SNES and MD Minis this will be more of a voyage of discovery for me. I've flirted with the PCE before but never gone deep. I already love Galaga 88 and Gunhed and one or two others and looking forward to trying out some shooters I've not played before. Yes I've got some on the Pi already but these min consoles are closer to an authentic experience ... they're great things to have.

Comment

Some absolute crackers on the PCE mini mate, you're in for a good time. Great presentation on it as well, I absolutely love it. There are a few titles on it that I absolutely can't get my head around their inclusion though. I'm talking utter, utter garbage games. You'll soon work out which ones they are!

Comment

Some absolute crackers on the PCE mini mate, you're in for a good time. Great presentation on it as well, I absolutely love it. There are a few titles on it that I absolutely can't get my head around their inclusion though. I'm talking utter, utter garbage games. You'll soon work out which ones they are!
            *side kick puddle up ikobo's shin* I got my PCE Works Darius BTW!

Comment

There are a few titles on it that I absolutely can't get my head around their inclusion though. I'm talking utter, utter garbage games. You'll soon work out which ones they are!
              The Kung Fu?

Comment

Kung Fu is a cool game and the soundtrack is nice.

Comment

I’m talking about Genpei Tōma Den. It has no place anywhere, horrendous game.

Comment

How is the emulation and input lag? I know its done by M2 so it is done well but is there a noticeable difference between the mini and an original PC Engine? Im weighing up whether to get this or to just buy an original unit, this would be a heck of a lot easier and way cheaper but if the input lag is really bad and makes some games unplayable then I will pass

Comment

Hope you have deep pockets if you go original as hucard prices are not exactly cheap especially for complete and in decent condition however if you are happy to have beat up loose hucards it becomes a hell of a lot cheaper. You could always go down the flash card route but even that terraonion flash device thingy is really expensive. My minis are currently on the way so I’ll find out myself soon how laggy the are or aren’t. Pc genjin is a good one for lag testing as he controls with a weird inertia so if there’s horrific delay I’ll be able to tell easily on that one thankfully there’s a couple of his games on the thing.

Hoping with the hack they will let you choose the jewel case colour and hucard spine logo as this mini has super amounts of detail compared to the others in the menu department. In fact is probably the nicest looking one so far. Hoping there’s enough space to add in rainbow islands so I can finally sell off my original and cd denjin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                        How is the emulation and input lag? I know its done by M2 so it is done well but is there a noticeable difference between the mini and an original PC Engine? Im weighing up whether to get this or to just buy an original unit, this would be a heck of a lot easier and way cheaper but if the input lag is really bad and makes some games unplayable then I will pass
                        This video suggests the lag compared to actual hardware is not as bad as some people are suggesting (he's a bit over the top, but he does have some actual stats!)

Mine should be arriving later today. I'm not entirely sure why I bought it as I already have a Core Grafx, a bunch of hucards, and an Everdrive for the stupidly expensive ones, but I love the PC Engine and I'm intrigued!
                        Last edited by ZipZap; 06-06-2020, 10:42.

Comment

Woohoo!

Doing some decorating right now but looking forward to having a literal blast with this later

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Hope you have deep pockets if you go original as hucard prices are not exactly cheap especially for complete and in decent condition however if you are happy to have beat up loose hucards it becomes a hell of a lot cheaper. You could always go down the flash card route but even that terraonion flash device thingy is really expensive. My minis are currently on the way so I’ll find out myself soon how laggy the are or aren’t. Pc genjin is a good one for lag testing as he controls with a weird inertia so if there’s horrific delay I’ll be able to tell easily on that one thankfully there’s a couple of his games on the thing.

Hoping with the hack they will let you choose the jewel case colour and hucard spine logo as this mini has super amounts of detail compared to the others in the menu department. In fact is probably the nicest looking one so far. Hoping there’s enough space to add in rainbow islands so I can finally sell off my original and cd denjin.
                            Yeah definitely not going to be buying original hucards or CDs, would being going for the terraonion flash drive, one because of the ridiculous prices and secondly space.

I was hoping analogue would make a fpga system for the PC Engine but I read kevtris was done with PC Engine due to an argument in the PCE online community or something like that, plus they still haven’t released the pocket yet so who knows how long it would take them.

Im leaning more towards a mini simply because its the cheapest and easiest option and I can connect it with HDMI without having to buy any extra kit. Main things holding me back are the lack of a hack to add more games (I know one is coming but we dont know when), reported input lag that makes some games unplayable. Also I really want to get an 8bitdo wireless pad but shipping from amazon uk/US to japan is like £27 at the moment which is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                              This video suggests the lag compared to actual hardware is not as bad as some people are suggesting (he's a bit over the top, but he does have some actual stats!)

Mine should be arriving later today. I'm not entirely sure why I bought it as I already have a Core Grafx, a bunch of hucards, and an Everdrive for the stupidly expensive ones, but I love the PC Engine and I'm intrigued!
                              Thanks for that, was difficult for me to get through the video without getting muscle pains from cringing so much but it seems that theres not a lot of difference between the mini and original hardware in terms of input lag and any performance issues are things that have been accurately emulated from the original games.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Woohoo!

Doing some decorating right now but looking forward to having a literal blast with this later
                                I'm thinking I can get away with buying one of those for my mini set up without my wife realising I have two of the same system.

Comment

Working...
                                X