No announcement yet.

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been impressed by the software running on it, definitely a nice UI and well presented but the hardware plastic feels really cheap in the hands compared to some of the others (Megadrive mini in particular), even the power switch on it feels garbage.

Comment

The lag talk is a waste of time, I've played Lords of Thunder enough and it's fine. Never been too impressed with it anyway compared to Gates of Thunder.

Comment

Even as a stock machine before Rom adding it has a pretty solid lineup of games sapphire, rondo and star parodia along with makaimura already has justified the price those would put a very hefty dent in your bank balance. Decided against turbografix as it’s ugly as sin and stupidly large I get access to all games with the other 2 no need for that large monstrosity taking up tv space.

Comment

Forgot all about my Amazon pre-order. Had a nice surprise when it showed up just now. I'll probably keep it as it's an interesting curio.

Comment

I guess today's the day because mine arrived too It's nice to see a genuinely long cable for the controller.

lagwise, I think it's a little worse than the SNES mini, its very noticable in Bonk as [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] mentioned. I tried it in Retroarch as well using the same pad, which is great, I love that it's USB, and there's a noticeable difference.

Comment

even as a mini, the pc engine truly is a beautiful looking system

Comment

Oh it's adorable. Makes me want to buy the real thing

Comment

Got mine today. Here’s my updated wrack of mini’s

Comment

Damn! Didn't even realise that the CoreGrafx Mini and TurboGrafx Mini have now been released in the West!!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      the hardware plastic feels really cheap in the hands compared to some of the others (Megadrive mini in particular), even the power switch on it feels garbage.
                      Well, that sucks. It's not like it's some cheapy cheap Chinese machine that retails for under £30.

I'll be hoping it ends up in a sale for £50.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      the pc engine truly is a beautiful looking system
                      It's probably my favourite looking console -- both in its original white and CoreGrafx designs. It has a timeless coolness about it that I will always appreciate. All that sprite pushing power in such a tiny machine is still awesome.

Comment

Still can't believe that here we are with a pce mini, i wished for this for years after the famicom & super famicom got the mini treatment. I always imagined how cool it would be to have the awesome library of the pce crammed into a mini machine and bam konami of all people ended up granting my wish.

Now we see if sega grant my mark III mini wish lol

Comment

I always imagined how cool it would be to have the awesome library of the pce crammed into a mini machine

Now we see if sega grant my mark III mini wish lol

Comment

AES Mini is what we really need, then the golden generation is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                              AES Mini is what we really need, then the golden generation is complete.
                              This is the only thing I still need.

Comment

With full size sticks of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X