PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    The bomberman '93 one looks nice too tempted to get a couple more, it certainly beats any attempt i could have made.

Just ordered a Bomberman one for mine. You should ask the guy for a commission

Comment

Ah man. I'm gonna have to get one. I'll have to wait until I'm back in work tho.

Amazing time we live in really. I remember drooling into my CVG Guide to Consoles compendium. Mulling over Megadrive and PC Engine. I could only get one of them for Christmas, so I chose to get an imported MD. I tried to convince my younger bro to get the PC Engine and he wasn't that into games. Geez that was grim of me

Now we have these kinda glorious minis.

Comment

The PCE mini badly needed one of these to look right, I don’t think the other minis look so odd without a game for some reason. I know it seems daft, but it just adds to my experience having (half) a HuCard in the slot. I’m losing my marbles.

Comment

Part of the fun is the extra things you can do to them to pimp them out, hell my famicom mini has pad protectors installed, extra decals on the top for power & reset and a damn disk system sat underneath lol. Sadly i don't think the pce is gonna get that kind of merch treatment. Outside the small pile of carry cases for it i haven't seen anything else. Even the MD got the tower o power hehe.

And yes the pce looks terribly naked without a hucard in it.
          Last edited by importaku; 02-07-2020, 18:19.

Comment

Jpn Slatterhouse ordered. Thanks importaku, I know it’s a piece of plastic but it feels like an incredible bargain for some reason?
            Last edited by SuperDanX; 02-07-2020, 18:59.

Comment

Yeah £2.70 delivered it's rude not to my R-type I arruved today thrilled tbh
              Last edited by Baseley09; 02-07-2020, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Part of the fun is the extra things you can do to them to pimp them out, hell my famicom mini has pad protectors installed, extra decals on the top for power & reset and a damn disk system sat underneath lol. Sadly i don't think the pce is gonna get that kind of merch treatment. Outside the small pile of carry cases for it i haven't seen anything else. Even the MD got the tower o power hehe.

And yes the pce looks terribly naked without a hucard in it.
                How phenomenal would a CD-Rom add on look for it though, tower of power style? They might as well just ask for my bank card if they made one.

Comment

I want this. I'm gonna get my mate to get it for me and give him the do$h (I don't do online purchasing).

Best/cheapest/best-n'-cheapest version to order? And will I get all the Konami Gradius stuff or do certain games get omitted?

Apparently the Turbografx vers has rapid fire but the case is MASSIVE and looks fucn awful. I had white PCE back about 30yrs back. I'm a sad old Qantas. Qant. Mary Quant. Mary Quant's Foaming Qant.

(good name for a band?)

Anyhoo, I'd take the Turbografx version if it had the optimum potential.

Let us know. I'm fukkd.

Comment

Original PCE all the way, bud. If you want auto fire then get an 8bitdo pad for auto firing goodness without being tethered to the unit.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the Etsy seller. I’ve ordered:

Soldier Blade (Jp)
                      Sonic 2 (Jp cart)
                      Super Metroid

So all my minis are catered for.

Comment

Finally my 8Bitdo Wireless pad has been dispatched by Amazon for a Monday delivery. I can play the mini finally.

Comment

Anyone after official pads amazon uk has them back in stock, well they were last night when I checked.

Comment

I'm sure this is wildly obvious to everyone apart from me, but the fact that the PCE Mini controllers work on my Pi is a bit of a game changer for me!
                            Last edited by Colin; 27-07-2020, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              I'm sure this is wildly obvious to everyone apart from me, but the fact that the PCE Mini controllers work on my Pi is a bit of a game changer for me!
                              I imported one just to play PCE on the FPGA Mister Core, feels just like the early 90s again

Comment

To be honest I think the immersion experience is more down to having the right controller in your hand more that anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X