No announcement yet.

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity how are people powering their pce minis? as theres no official powerbrick for the euro region only jpn & usa got one. The manual says a 5v 2A adapter will work i have been currently using my iphone plug but that only kicking out 1A it seems to work ok but i'm worried that it might break if i use a low amp rating as it wont be able to pull enough power im guessing it needs those 2 amps if you have a fully decked out multitap plugged in. I have been reading around and found a few horror stories about power supplies that kill the usb sockets on the pce if you even go slightly over 5v even as little as 5.1 someone was using a raspberry pi power adapter and managed to kill their mini. Ended up getting this but it's total overkill but least i can plug in all my minis into it and as it has adaptive charging it should match what the machine needs (i hope).

I really don't want to risk frying my mini pce mini usb controller ports and have to send my pce back to japan it took long enough to get it here, still annoying konami didn't release a power brick for europe. Be careful out there people with your minis be very careful that whatever is powering it is kicking out exactly 5v.

Comment

I just use the USB on the TV (Panasonic, marked as 5V) I haven’t had any issues. I basically just swap that one power lead to whichever Mini I want to use.

Comment

I just plugged it into a USB port on my extension lead, same as I do with the SNES Mini. Should be OK but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          The problem so far is nobody as far as I’m aware has fan translated the pce version but seeing as the machine has been successfully hacked maybe someone will do it so people can add an upgraded version in.
          can you link to the hack?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
            can you link to the hack?
            The hack is still been worked on but the group doing it have managed to add extra games onto the machine but it's not been released to the public yet as they are still testing & tweaking ect the only thing we have seen so far is a youtube video of what they have managed to do.
            Well it's official, and you heard it here first! The TurboGrafx 16 Mini, PC Engine Mini and Core Grafx Mini consoles have officially been hacked. In this vid...

Comment

The hack is still been worked on but the group doing it have managed to add extra games onto the machine but it's not been released to the public yet as they are still testing & tweaking ect the only thing we have seen so far is a youtube video of what they have managed to do.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9adMIQnQONQ
              Thanks mate, appreciated.

Comment

Nice one [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Comment

Finally got my 8bitdo controller now that amazon us postage prices are back to normal. Really impressed with it and may actually be my favorite 8bitdo controller so far, really good build quality, really nice design and very comfortable to use.

Im on the last world on bomberman 93 and am really loving the system so far. It’s actually made me regret not buying a PC Engine in the past. I was considering getting one in the near future until I saw the prices on ebay. Even in the used shops here in Japan PC Engine game prices have skyrocketed with several of the games that ive seen that were cart only having prices of £70+. Will just stick with the mini and add games/translations once its been hacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                    Nice one @importaku

One of the coolest looking consoles in history. Every Stormtrooper in the old Empire was issued with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Nice one [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

Nice, think mine arrived today will check it out when I get home from my shift. It seems a lot nicer in your pic than the pics he took on Etsy the colour looks a lot more solid. Looks close enough to be real nice that it was a uk seller makes a nice change and cheap too. I still can’t believe that not one company made some of these it wouldn’t be hard for some manufacturer to print on plastic. Considering some of the merch that has appeared on amazon j I thought it would have been a certainty that we would see something like them.

Comment

The bomberman '93 one looks nice too tempted to get a couple more, it certainly beats any attempt i could have made.

Comment

The bomberman '93 one looks nice

It's really cool that these are being made and the seller is being reasonable with the price.

Comment

Etsy sometimes has some really cool stuff on there.

Comment

Hehe neat

Bought one off etsy the colour is looking a little transparent but for £2 i'm not gonna complain the seller makes mini carts for all the mini consoles but not a huge selection of title stickers for some.
                              Here's his etsy page i'll spread the love for anyone wanting to pimp theirs out, i went with bomberman for mine.
                              https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/shop/Mini...g_id=779947811
                              Thanks for the heads up as I’ve just ordered Galaga 88, Outrun and Legendary axe

Comment

Hehe no probs, they do dress up the mini lovely worth a £2 punt. Today is my sole day off this week and once again i'm back on this making nice progress on a lot of shooters but lords of thunder though is kicking my ass thank god for save states as at least they are helping but it is fun to try and go through without them but at the moment LOL nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X