No announcement yet.

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn’t stop Sony with that ps mini lol soon dropped in price, I can’t see the pce selling loads in Europe it wasn’t hugely known unless you were reading import mags or you lived in certain euro countries like France where it had a huge following. I’m gonna say it will drop reasonably soon on amazon uk in japan not so much as the pce even managed to go against the famicom quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      I can’t see the pce selling loads in Europe it wasn’t hugely known unless you were reading import mags or you lived in certain euro countries like France where it had a huge following.
      Making it Amazon-exclusive in the West won't help it either - poor move by Konami there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Making it Amazon-exclusive in the West won't help it either - poor move by Konami there.
        Yeah that didn’t help things at all, no idea why they wanted them amazon exclusive wonder if amazon paid for that deal?

Comment

£100 is too much for a closed system, if it had internet link up to get more games etc then fine. Pre ordered the Japanese one ages ago for around £75 will probably get agitated near release and cancel.

Comment

It will get hacked and because it’s already able to play hucard, super cd games and arcade cd games, and even supergrafix games it’s compatibility should hopefully be pretty good to fill with a curated list of faves. A nice selection on there to start with though before hacking.

Comment

Hopefully there'll be a hack to play Snatcher with English text.

Comment

Does Snatcher on PC-Engine have a fan translation?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Not unfair in the slightest.

The MD Mini is still widely available everywhere and it isn't harsh to say that. It is a fact.

As for Nintendo's Mini consoles being plagues by factory shortages, I think we all know that it's far more likely that Nintendo deliberately underproduced them to artificially engineer hype and demand for them - a tactic that Nintendo have employed many, many times over the years.
                  It is widely available, you’re right, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t sold/is not selling well. As we can agree, whether by circumstance or design, supply of Nintendo’s Minis were limited, and this helped create demand, fervour, and scalping on eBay. Perhaps Sega chose a different strategy and manufactured in large enough volume to more than meet demand? The fact that it’s still mostly selling at RRP (okay, £6 less on Amazon, but Amazon are always below RRP) and we’re not seeing a fire sale a la PS Classic suggests there is decent run rate on it if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    It is widely available, you’re right, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t sold/is not selling well. As we can agree, whether by circumstance or design, supply of Nintendo’s Minis were limited, and this helped create demand, fervour, and scalping on eBay. Perhaps Sega chose a different strategy and manufactured in large enough volume to more than meet demand? The fact that it’s still mostly selling at RRP (okay, £6 less on Amazon, but Amazon are always below RRP) and we’re not seeing a fire sale a la PS Classic suggests there is decent run rate on it if nothing else.
                    Sorry. I just think that we'd be hearing more about the MD Mini if it had been successful - why wouldn't Sega trumpet on about it like Nintendo did with their Minis?

Sega making X amount of these is a moot point - these things aren't expensive to manufacture.

Also, the fact that all is quiet on the western front where the MD Mini is concerned is pretty telling IMO, and there's always time for it to drop even further in price.

Comment

TurboGrafx-16 Mini indefinitely delayed due to coronavirus - Impact on manufacturing and shipping in China means Konami's classic console will not arrive this month as planned

The disruption caused by the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has postponed the launch of Konami's TurboGrafx-16 Mini.

Known as the PC Engine Core Grafx Mini in Japan, the device was due for release on March 19 but has now been delayed until further notice.

Comment

Konami has delayed the release of the PC Engine Core Grafx mini due to the coronavirus.In a statement, the Japanese com…

Konami delays the PC Engine Mini.

Comment

Dissapointing but not unexpected. It'll get here eventually.

Comment

Very disappointing, and unfortunately probably not the end of the hardware delays we'll see this year. That said the news was sat on clearly. I assume because they wanted to announce with a new date and therefore delayed until the last possible moment.

Obviously at 8.46pm last night I was in attunement with [MENTION=6572]BIG EDD[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                              Amazon JP seem to have shipped mine today?

Comment

Same. Arriving tomorrow, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X