• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Dragoon [NSW]

First gameplay video, shows a bit more than the direct:

Looking it at now, I'm sold. I love it.

Looks horrible

Comment

Looks gorgeous. I am all in for this one. And the sequel too. I do hope the control is good. PD1 was a bit wobbly at the time but they really perfected it in the sequel. The one other thing that strikes me is visual style - the sequel defined that much more so it will be interesting to see how they interpret and expand on some sections of PD1 with that in mind.

I love that this game is being revived. If it’s all we get, I’ll be happy to have it but it does spark hope that there is a possibility for more to follow if it does well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        it does spark hope that there is a possibility for more to follow if it does well.
        It's this factor that has my attention. Fingers crossed for a Saga remake. One day.

Comment

Saga is obviously a huge undertaking so I'd still keep expectations in check for that one. I suspect chances of us seeing that are very slim. Also, while it has been a very long time since I've played it, I have to wonder how the game would hold up these days even with a pretty layer of paint.

Comment

Loving the marmite reaction this is garnering!

I never played the original and went in at two so might be worth checking our for me.

Comment

Looks lovely and no reason why the full series can't be remade in the same way. Trouble is, this will be a £30-£40 digital release. This is a big problem on Switch. I looked at Resi 4 yesterday - £30!

Comment

Resi 4 is a quick port and so, yeah, I could understand the price issues (knowing Capcom it won't be long before we see that on sale) but this is clearly being completely remade so I wouldn't quibble on price. If it's a full game, it's a full game and I'm willing to pay for it.

Is it Switch exclusive?

Comment

looks lush, not sure what all the hate is for. The original was very muddy looking and its look was more down to the tech of the time than any sort of artistic vision. This looks very similar to Orta so dont get the hate myself.

Comment

Looks horrible, too bright the sense of an ancient decaying civilisation gone, Water reflections gone, as is the stunning The lovely Italian Gothic-like architecture gone and replaced with something out of Triffids. Those lovely Japanese inspired Torii like arches, replaced with something that looks more like a collection of Nuclear missiles

Horrible on every level and I say that as someone who loves the Panzer Dragoon series and for me the 1st game is the best game ever made

Looks like another IP that SEGA is set to ruin

Comment

Here's a very vague comparison. Vague because the new version footage jumps around a bit so only really syncs with the original game here at one spot, but it gives an idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Saga is obviously a huge undertaking so I'd still keep expectations in check for that one.
                        Dare to dream

Zwei would be most welcome too, but the aesthetics of that are even more precious than the first imo. If they could keep that atmosphere I'd be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Those lovely Japanese inspired Torii like arches,
                          Funnily enough I never thought that; I always thought they felt more like Greco-Roman arches.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Funnily enough I never thought that; I always thought they felt more like Greco-Roman arches.
                            I think its a mixture, the new arches look like nuclear missiles now

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I think its a mixture, the new arches look like nuclear missiles now

Comment

Working...
                              X