User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The build quality inside the Xbox One X is very good (other than one thing). Everything is modular and a repairer's delight. The reason I know this is because I had to take mine apart; the thermal paste application was appalling - but I put this down to the process rather than the design as the heat sink and cooling fan is top notch.

I'd rather have something well engineered in its inners than the time spent making it look pretty and compromising that. At the end of the day it's a box that sits on a dark shelf under the TV.

They may just sit there for 7 years but I wouldn't want to hazard a guess how many times I've seen it during that time. The XBX and even the XBO to some extent in its later iterations is less a simple design and closer to the description of having an absence of design. Certainly it can't help in marketing either, a design that lacks any sort of identity. No recent console looks great but they shouldn't look like a 30 DVD player.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    They may just sit there for 7 years but I wouldn't want to hazard a guess how many times I've seen it during that time. The XBX and even the XBO to some extent in its later iterations is less a simple design and closer to the description of having an absence of design. Certainly it can't help in marketing either, a design that lacks any sort of identity. No recent console looks great but they shouldn't look like a 30 DVD player.
    You don't like the PS4? I think it's pretty good. I just dislike that it doesn't have enough USB ports

The Dreamcast still remains my favourite-looking machine, pre-yellowing. Maybe even the PSOne.

I think the Xbox One X looks great.

The PS4 Pro club sandwich is an over-designed mess. Extra layer = extra power seems to be the intention. Lame.

The most distinctive design of the gen - barring the Switch - is for me the original PS4. Its angular shape makes it look like it's surging forwards. A cool idea.
    Last edited by wakka; 19-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.

The PS4 is so-so, there's a minimal attempt to give it some style and I like they've held that ground throughout the redesigns even if it doesn't quite suit the Pro being triple stacked. They don't even need to be garish creations, just to have some sort of identity about them or failing that look like the premium product they're charging for.

I think the original ps4 design is pretty good (not the slim or pro). Probably the best looking Sony console. Although I have a soft spot for the ps2. The one X is a much better looking console then the original model, but not exactly a looker.
    I think the Wii is my personal favourite. Very simple and clean.

I liked how the Wii was uber basic in design but by having that blue lit disc slot and a standing base that slanted it to an angle it artificially gave it a sharper look than it really had

I liked the look of the PS4 when it came out, but I think it has dated very quickly as a result. The Slim and pro models seem unusually half hearted on their designs as they’ve tried to remove that , yet retain the form

Just be happy the PS4(and Pro) don't look like this.

Just a search for purely the term 'Playstation 5' immediately brought up these uninspired efforts:

They always assume the company will do a cut n shut of the existing system