No announcement yet.

SGF 2024 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony not having a State of Play is starting to look like a "wise decision" by them based on what has already been shown by other publishers so far.

There's been nothing shown yet that has made me go "wow!"

Comment

Sony haven't announced a state of play, but sometimes they do leave it late.

Either...
      1: they aren't doing one because they have nothing to show
      2: they aren't doing one because they are confident of they games they have shown and will show later
      3: they know MS don't have much in the cannon to fire so feel no need to complete
      4: they know MS have an arsenal to show and will get blown out of the water

Im sitting somewhere between 2 & 3.

Comment

I'm hearing MS may announce the acquisition of 3-5 more studios. At least there's coded discussions going on twitter between the usual news guys on the inside loop.

Rumours are IO Interactive, Crytek, Avalanche, Netherealm and one other.

If they show off some exclusive titles with release schedule lined up and then round things off with news like that I'd say Sony's lack of response is probably more a 4.

That said I think Sony are confident in what they've got lined up for the next 12 months. As well they should be, they're bringing some great games... I just think they'll not try to share the airwaves for a while to let things die down.

Comment

MS playing the ace card then.
          They are taking the Man City/epic game store approach and just buying everything.
          Why build your own franchises, when you can just buy everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            MS playing the ace card then.
            They are taking the Man City/epic game store approach and just buying everything.
            Why build your own franchises, when you can just buy everything.
            Well admittedly it's the quickest way to get exclusive titles lined up ready to go.

It makes the most sense to go after established houses capable of releasing simultaneously to pc and console.

Comment

I long for a day one console manufacturer owns all the major studios.

Comment

Unfortunately MS has the spare change to make that happen.

Comment

Starfield launches 11.11.22.

Only on Xbox Series and PC.

Comment

Xbox E3 conference didn't really set the world alight, most stuff is still 8-20 months away which makes getting excited about much of the stuff shown difficult, although it's nice that most of them are on Game Pass day 1.

STALKER 2 looked decent enough and maybe Eiyuden Chronicles will be an RPG worth playing (tho I've really struggled to find recent RPGs engaging enough to complete them), Age if Empires IV maybe, Forza Horizon 5 likely to me more of the same (and would rather have had a Forza 8 sim game), but given it's authentic Mexico, perhaps there will be some drug running missions. The trouble is, after playing racing games in VR with a wheel, it's a downgrade not being able to so no matter how much photorealism there is in your skies.

However, the conference loses 3 points for the audio being completely out of sync making it exceedingly annoying to watch. So I give it 4 too many audio issues out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Sony haven't announced a state of play, but sometimes they do leave it late.

Either...
                      1: they aren't doing one because they have nothing to show
                      2: they aren't doing one because they are confident of they games they have shown and will show later
                      3: they know MS don't have much in the cannon to fire so feel no need to complete
                      4: they know MS have an arsenal to show and will get blown out of the water

Im sitting somewhere between 2 & 3.
                      DEFINITELY WASN'T NUMBER 4

Comment

How many of the games that Microsoft showed will becoming to Xbox One?

Obviously Starfield, Stalker 2, Forza Horizon 5, Flight Sim and Redfall aren't.

I wonder how up in arms people will be about the One being pretty much dropped after Sony caught so much flack for saying they believe in generations before continuing to support the PS4.

Comment

Horizon 5 is on XBO
                          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 13-06-2021, 21:29.

Comment

Outer Worlds 2 and Forza Horizon 5 look good!

Poor showing from SE so far.

-Edit-
                            That last game had Golbez from FFIV I think and mentioned the Four Warriors of Light. So some kind of alt universe Dark Souls type remake from Team Ninja?

Just watched it again and its Garland from FF1. What a bizarre looking game. I'm not sure what to make of it.
                            Last edited by Cepp; 13-06-2021, 20:37.

Comment

I do want to know more about Life is Strange: True Colors (due september) but they seem to have doubled down on the Marvel content that hasn't really brought the dollars in for them.

I skipped through the presentation earlier, so need to give it a proper watch this eve.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                I do want to know more about Life is Strange: True Colors (due september) but they seem to have doubled down on the Marvel content that hasn't really brought the dollars in for them.

I skipped through the presentation earlier, so need to give it a proper watch this eve.
                                Cyndi Lauper must be pleased....

Comment

Working...
                                X