No announcement yet.

SGF 2024 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 2021 is almost here, which means it’s time for HOPES, EXPECTATIONS, RUMORS, and VIDEO GAMES.

Rumour that the next Assassin's Creed is bigger than Valhalla

Also that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still incredibly early in development

And that Starfields release date is now late 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Also that Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still incredibly early in development
      On what we've seen it should remain in early development in perpetuity. I, for one, am thankful.

Comment

Hoping to see some new Rare and Rockstar stuff.
        Maybe a bit more EDF 6, but that's normally shown at the TGS later in the year.

Comment

Bubble burster sadly but Rockstar will disappoint many, they don't do E3 reveals so a dribble of GTAV E&E info will be the best we can hope for

Comment

Nice bit of proper Elden Souls reveal here from From Software tonight. Looks very Soulsy indeed, which is to be expected. General plot spoilers from trailer, which are only spoilers if you've never played through/heard the Souls plot before:

you begin as a "lowly tarnished" instead of a lowly hollowed or lowly unkindled or whatever we've been in the past, there are references to flames and appear to be bonfires, an unending curse is there as well as corrupted lords, and it seems you want to be a lord too and they diss you for it when you square up to them because you're just a lowly tarnished.

Baddies looks classic Souls, all mouldering regal garments over twisted bone and other deformities. Faster combat maybe? Environments look maybe a bit more fresh and clean-looking in design than previous Souls games - nice and crisp but not mind-blowingly current-gen, to my eyes anyway. Can't see much of the George R R Martin input from the trailer at all, but the Souls crowd - which includes me - should be very happy. Now with one of those magically appearing horses that fantasy games have.

Release scheduled for 21st January 2022.

EDIT: should've posted this in the Elden Ring forum - soz, didn't realize we had one!
            Last edited by Golgo; 10-06-2021, 21:19.

Comment

Do we really need another souls type game?

Comment

Oh my yes.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Do we really need another souls type game?
                  Yeah...it does look incredibly similar, to the extent that I'm not turning somersaults right now.

Comment

It's pretty blatantly Souls with the open world used to mix things up and the rebrand to protect the original IP in case it fails. I'm sure fans will be fine with that but the setting/imagery could have done with being more distinct

Comment

Ubisoft has now gone into some detail on Rainbow Six Extraction, its upcoming co-op shooter where you team up with frie…

Rainbow Six: Extraction will launch on 16 September

Comment

First trailer for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora in which you explore a new region of the planet in first person, exploring the open world whilst facing dangerous foes and sexually assaulting the wild animals so you can ride them (I'm betting despite there being 4 new films they still don't address that one)

Comment

Are there many games based on films that are actually good? I really can't think of many. Terminator and Alien games tend to be good, but aside from those... Street Fighter the movie: the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Are there many games based on films that are actually good? I really can't think of many. Terminator and Alien games tend to be good, but aside from those... Street Fighter the movie: the game?
                            Mad Max is great, but yeah... Most suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...six-extraction
                              Rainbow Six: Extraction will launch on 16 September
                              And that's basically all you need from the Ubisoft Conference (maybe the new Rocksmith title if you're into that) - but even Extraction wasn't that enthralling, it's little more than a reskinned Siege terrorist hunt.

Far Cry 6 more Far Cry with the same old mechanics - it should be fine, but there's really not much new here.

The only properly new thing was a game based on Avatar which looked pretty but just looks like another Ubisoft openworld game - there's probably towers to climb in it somewhere.

Overall, Ubisoft conference rating gets 3 E3s out of 10.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 13-06-2021, 11:32.

Comment

Given how several of the conferences have felt held for the sake of it the burden of delivery seems to now rest solely on Nintendo and MS

Comment

Working...
                                X