Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGF 2024 General Discussion

9-11 June 2020

E3 will return but the question is will Sony? We'll be in the blistering pre-launch heat of two new consoles by then so another full year out, what would you like to see come next E3?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 22-06-2023, 21:56.

Less CGI

Comment

Hoping for more Shenmue 3 footage.

Comment

New hardware, less CGI trailers, more gameplay footage, less employees in crowds, less influencers and Bethesda TESO promotions that are friendlier to EU players.

Comment

Sony
          I know it'd just be them doing the same as everyone else but the show undoubtedly was muted for their absence.

Comment

One got to laugh, When Restera was doing rumours of a small E3 both for MS, it was MS pulling out of the market but when SONY don't show up at all, they were right not to do so and some even saying they WON E3 by not showing up at all LOL

This year was a great show with loads of good games on all systems and I was also impressed with how slick Nintendo E3 direct was too. Next year will be incredible, like E3 always is when its held in the same year as new consoles are due to be launched

Comment

One thing I want to see next year, even if not at E3. Next gen consoles revealed to have nice physical designs and not the miserable god awful bland c--- we've been served this gen by MS and Sony

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                One thing I want to see next year, even if not at E3. Next gen consoles revealed to have nice physical designs and not the miserable god awful bland c--- we've been served this gen by MS and Sony
                Personally I don't mind if the designs are bland, but if they are, they should be stackable. I hate the weird zero-sum game the manufacturers are playing where they all want to be on top of the pile of hi-fi separates!

Comment

I think with new consoles costing increasingly above £300 I want them to either physically reflect that or if they can't then go with an interesting design. I was in CEX at the weekend and they had an Xbox One X on the shelf and as I looked at it I felt myself taking back any positive thoughts I'd ever had about its design, it's an absolutely ugly mofo.

Comment

It was interesting to see so many consoles at that retro show at weekend and observe which ones are hideous and which ones still look decent.

I still like the Wondermega, but the GX4000 has always been an abomination, for example.

Comment

The build quality inside the Xbox One X is very good (other than one thing). Everything is modular and a repairer's delight. The reason I know this is because I had to take mine apart; the thermal paste application was appalling - but I put this down to the process rather than the design as the heat sink and cooling fan is top notch.

I'd rather have something well engineered in its inners than the time spent making it look pretty and compromising that. At the end of the day it's a box that sits on a dark shelf under the TV.

Comment

They may just sit there for 7 years but I wouldn't want to hazard a guess how many times I've seen it during that time. The XBX and even the XBO to some extent in its later iterations is less a simple design and closer to the description of having an absence of design. Certainly it can't help in marketing either, a design that lacks any sort of identity. No recent console looks great but they shouldn't look like a £30 DVD player.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          They may just sit there for 7 years but I wouldn't want to hazard a guess how many times I've seen it during that time. The XBX and even the XBO to some extent in its later iterations is less a simple design and closer to the description of having an absence of design. Certainly it can't help in marketing either, a design that lacks any sort of identity. No recent console looks great but they shouldn't look like a £30 DVD player.
                          You don't like the PS4? I think it's pretty good. I just dislike that it doesn't have enough USB ports

The Dreamcast still remains my favourite-looking machine, pre-yellowing. Maybe even the PSOne.

Comment

I think the Xbox One X looks great.

The PS4 Pro club sandwich is an over-designed mess. Extra layer = extra power seems to be the intention. Lame.

The most distinctive design of the gen - barring the Switch - is for me the original PS4. Its angular shape makes it look like it's surging forwards. A cool idea.
                            Last edited by wakka; 19-06-2019, 11:50.

Comment

The PS4 is so-so, there's a minimal attempt to give it some style and I like they've held that ground throughout the redesigns even if it doesn't quite suit the Pro being triple stacked. They don't even need to be garish creations, just to have some sort of identity about them or failing that look like the premium product they're charging for.

Comment

Working...
                              X