No announcement yet.

SGF 2024 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A complete E3 2022 conference schedule guide, including all confirmed E3 conference times and E3 2022 games we know abo…

The current confirmed streams over 06 & 12 June and 12 July

Comment

NGP+X has been announced, an E3 replacement show on 23 June, organised by:

• Acttil
      • AKSYS Games
      • Arc System Works America
      • GungHo America
      • Idea Factory International
      • Inti Creates
      • KOEI TECMO America
      • Natsume Inc.
      • NIS America, Inc.
      • PLAYISM
      • Sega of America
      • SNK Corporation
      • Spike Chunsoft, Inc.
      • WayForward

Comment

Hopefully its more than Western localisation announcements (my personal hope is SNK whets our appetites with a first reveal trailer for KOF XV). Arc will also hopefully have more character additions to share for Guilty Gear Strive.

Comment

From IGN's E3 replacement show, footage of Observer: System Redux

Beyond Blue

Comment

A complete E3 2022 conference schedule guide, including all confirmed E3 conference times and E3 2022 games we know abo…

Several streams on tonight

Comment

The Future Games Show one is on right now although stupidly each time I work on my laptop on a new window it cuts out...transferring to watch it from their website to you tube. Now I have the joy of the you tube chat function to read.
              Last edited by CAPCOM; 13-06-2020, 21:43.

Comment

Future Game Show:

Comment

PC Gaming Show 2020

Comment

Guerilla Collective Day One

Comment

EA Play Live just happened. Caught it by accident. A very transitional, light on content show, that could have been done in 10-15 mins. A lot of fluff and lack of gameplay (again).

Headlines:
                      • Apex Legends coming to Switch - 7 games on Switch in next year * I think they caught this right - either next 12-months or this year was said.
                      • SIMS 4 on Steam. More games like Titanfall 2, Dead Space 3 coming to Steam.
                      • EA Originals announced - It takes two/Lost in Random/Rocket Arena (July)
                      • SW:Squadrons gameplay - Oct 2/Crossplay
                      • Madden/FIFA
                      • Skate announced (closest to a megaton)

Squadrons looked very much like Battlefront Fighter Squadrons with in-cockpit views (which Fighter Squadrons did). Looked OK, more processed. Very little gameplay outside of that, even Madden/FIFA were very CGI.

There was a segment talking about next-gen engines and there was a Bioware bit with a tree and clearly Dragon Age content. And possible Need for Speed/Criterion work shown.

Last edited by Digfox; 19-06-2020, 00:10.

Comment

Glad to see Apex Legends getting the switch treatment and cross play.

Probably the biggest news coming out of EA for me...

Comment

Rumours pointing to the fact there is more EA on the way, maybe because their is a MS marketing deal or something.

The whole thing felt a bit 'low-hanging fruit' and 'redemption arc'. The language at multiple points was 'we've listened' and 'you should be able to play where you want to' which is slightly disingenuous as they still have their gamble simulators, make most revenue from MTX/Subscriptions and mis-read the room on multiple occasions recently (BFV, Anthem, BF2 etc.).

Still the Switch ports, everything coming to Steam on PC and SW:Squadrons not being a Live Services do feel like really good things. It's hard not to be positive about that even if it's just temporary.

Comment

Man, better hope they have next-gen stuff still hidden. Very weak showing for EA.

Comment

I think it's just the reality of where they are in the production cycle. Lots of next-gen transition. And hence the Switch ports/Steam releases are a very easy way to make money and fill in the gaps.

Comment

As long as the right stuff hits Switch (ME and Dead Space rather than Plants v Zombies) I'm okay with that, but increasingly I find EA's new output to be weaker and weaker. They keep pushing NFS which has been circling the toilet bowl all generation, Bioware has been stumbling over itself too all generation etc There's a real... soulless... exhausted air about their output these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X