Cadence of Hyrule [NSW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I'm a bit lost on this tbh. I like it but I'm unsure if the musical element adds anything bar a good soundtrack? So far enemies just move when I move so keeping time with the music seems a bit redundant vs taking your time and thinking your moves out in advance. Does it actually affect anything?
    In Crypt of the Necrodancer you earnt coin multipliers when staying on best which in turn bought you better weapons/armor/etc but I don't know how all that works in this

Comment

Had a read around and I think it's the same but I've knocked on a side mode without realising it

Comment

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get this once I have rinsed Bloodstained...

Hearing so much positivity all over the place for it.

Comment

Just finished my first play through. Class game. So much fun to play. Tip for speed runners though: close the game when not playing as it totals the time even in sleep mode ... my play though came up at 194 hours

Comment

I got this and it’s adorable! It looks lovely and the soundtrack is gorgeous and it’s a lot of fun. I totally suck at it and I keep dying and losing all my stuff. And I’m not sure what I should be doing so I’m mostly wandering around and dying but, still, it’s a fun game and really charming.

Comment

How do I be less rubbish at this?

Comment

A good starting point is to hang back and generally do less attacking, so that you can focus on sticking to the beat and observing how enemies move. There's very few circumstances when you're actually under any time pressure, and in most of the areas around the start of the game, most enemies are quite passive. Those that aren't, and make a bee-line straight for you, are the most natural first targets to dodge and then chip away at.

That you have time on your side, and can just bumble about on the world map seeking upgrades is by far the biggest advantage you have on your side, particularly vs what happens in Necrodancer. If you stumble into a dungeon that's too tough, just back on out of there and do something else until you get another heart container or two, or perhaps a new weapon or some armour.

Comment

I’ve only really found one dungeon and there are huge things in it that can wipe my three little hearts out in almost an instant. I feel like I need to buy some of the upgrades but lose all my rupees when I die so all I have so far is a snorkel which still seems to result in my death in water. I’m not really sure what I’m looking for but many screens are loaded with enemies. It’s pretty challenging but I feel rubbish at it when I hear that this has been made way easier than the previous game! I’ll follow your advice and do less attacking and see what I can find.

Comment

Turns out the game-changer was the spear. I needed to buy the spear.

Comment

Yes, the spear makes a huge difference. There are plenty of other things to collect that stay with you permanently and give you buffs and abilities and stuff.

Comment

Just finished this. It’s a huge amount of fun and it’s adorable with wonderful music and lots of Zelda goodness. The rhythm aspect is really interesting and works so well with the music.

I did really struggle early on and the one thing that made the difference was that spear. From then on, I was very comfortable in the game. So if you play it and find it tough, get the spear. I don’t feel the game really made enough use of the items. Lots of familiar Zelda things are there, like the hookshot, Deku leaf and so on but there are very few instances where they are actually needed or are even useful. That’s really my only negative when it comes to the game - it just could have given us more reason to play with all those items. As it is, a spear and bombs will get you through the game comfortably for the most part.

But there are so many positives. It’s just a huge amount of fun and I’d highly recommend it. It has been made with love. I played it mostly with Link. Not sure there is a reason to play again starting with Zelda?

Comment

I have caved.

Bought this yesterday and, taken under advice from DT, got the spear almost straight away, it really does make a big difference.

As expected though, great tunes, great game, little pricey maybe but am loving the experience.

Comment

There's a demo of this now, if you were previously on the fence.

Comment

Played the demo for five minutes and it didn't grab me, maybe i need to give it a proper decent go but it didn't leave me thinking wow this is amazing, its an interesting concept but I'm not sure its one that's worth chucking down £25 as its essentially a one trick pony.

Comment

Working...
                              X