User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't like SMK at all, but I've enjoyed all the others.

I have fond memories of MK64 as there wasn't much else worth playing when it came out, so it got a lot of playtime, along with Wave Race and Pilotwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post

For me, Mario Kart got better when it broke out of the kart thing. And I think both 7 and 8 are absolutely superb.
    I wish Nintendo had featured a proper 'karting' mode in the MK games after Super. I'd love to have some tight karting tracks to race around in MK8. They would be a nice/fun alternative away from the more traditional arcade racing tracks. I still find the tracks in SMK exhilarating -- Ghost Valley and Bowser Castle never get old.

Anyway, I love MK8. Let's hope that MK9 is announced this year.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-06-2019 at 11:51 PM.

I do enjoy the Sonic racing games a lot but there's state wide gulf in quality between Mario Kart and Sega's series, it's the same other rivals like Crash - fun but nostalgia has to be spinning those who hold it up against Mario's finest.

MK64 has definitely reached a certain point of the aging process, I never found the courses to be too wide though, they're practically narrow alleys compared to the parting of the red sea tracks in Wii.

Double Dash was such a let down, there's still fun to it but it felt like the first real mis-step the series took and I think it's part of why Wii disappointed. The gameplay of Wii is a bit better but the course width is obscene and somehow it's narrowly uglier than the already ropey DD is cribbed off so heavily. I think it's why MK7 and MK8 were a surprise as I worried a precedent had been set for making them on the cheap but both are up there in the top tier of the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Don't like SMK at all, but I've enjoyed all the others.
    Noooooo... you’ve got it the wrong way around, Marius!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    A beautiful view
    SNK Heroines. ...

I will also guess it's Viewtiful Joe.

I really like the original SMK. Something about the flat tracks (So you could see almost all of your opponents and had a view into the distance) and the fact it was the first made it great,

Weirdly I quite enjoyed Double Dash on the Gamecube (Although I still haven't played it that much). I never got into MK64 and the arcade games merely seem ok. I played MK8 round a friend's house. I enjoyed it at the time but didn't enjoy it enough to want my own copy

Part of the problem with MK is the single player mode was good at the time and I finished all the leagues but I didn't want to do the same thing on the other titles. It wasnt fun enough to keep doing the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by buzz909 View Post
    I really like the original SMK. Something about the flat tracks (So you could see almost all of your opponents and had a view into the distance) and the fact it was the first made it great,
    I really wish Nintendo had made a SNES sequel using the Super FX chip. They could have added some cool effects and polygons to the environments, like they did with Yoshi's Island. So you would have had a more advanced version of SMK. I think it would have sold really well.

I still love how SMK looks and plays. It's a world away from the visual feast of later games, but there's also something nice about minimalism. The tight tracks really deliver a 'karting' feel that makes it feel quite intense at times.

Weirdly I quite enjoyed Double Dash on the Gamecube (Although I still haven't played it that much).
    I've always enjoyed Double Dash. I think it looks good and plays well. Not one of the best MK games, but decent enough.

Part of the problem with MK is the single player mode was good at the time and I finished all the leagues but I didn't want to do the same thing on the other titles. It wasnt fun enough to keep doing the same thing
    It's strange, because I have always enjoy SMK in single player, but the sequels weren't so much fun in that respect. I have mostly played the sequels in multiplayer or online.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-06-2019 at 11:03 PM.