User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Saw this last night. Since I'm stuck with the S-Video on the Wondermega I just had to get one of these for my Mega SG. Order went in early. Hope one comes from the first batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Ordered. Can't wait
    Let's just hope it doesn't suffer from the same ****storm their PC Engine adapter had.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Let's just hope it doesn't suffer from the same ****storm their PC Engine adapter had.
    Hopefully, their early production issues are now over

This looks very nice what a cool one stop shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Hopefully, their early production issues are now over
    FirebrandX seems quite confident about the MegaSD. His post about it on the shmups forum has some details.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64715

After reading that I’m going to take the plunge. Ordered.
    Last edited by CMcK; 19-06-2019 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Updated to say it’s ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    FirebrandX seems quite confident about the MegaSD. His post about it on the shmups forum has some details.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64715

After reading that I’m going to take the plunge.

up on your audio receiver to catch wind of it during muted boot sequences.

The only other minor difference is I was caught in a dilemma where the PCM is LPF'd on real hardware while CDDA was high-range boosted. You can't really do this at the same time in the analogue output stage, so I left them both unfiltered as far as going into the consoles (the consoles themselves may apply filtering anyway if unmodded). So any comparisons you see of audio between original hardware and the Mega SG, please remember that the Mega SG sounds just like the CDDA tracks when ripped directly from the disc. The difference compared to real hardware is minor though, so only the extreme anal-retentive types are going to have any gripes. The outside people brought in to independently test were actually quite happy with it.
    Its just sounds a great product and Master FM support is just the icing to a lovely cake. That's a great forum btw.

Pulled the trigger!

Watched the reviews on youtube and the support from FirebrandX helped.

Like others just hope the tech stands up from the first batch. Looking forward to it. What Mega/Sega-CD are people looking forward to playing?

I'm kind of in two minds over this. On one hand flash carts rather negate the need to own physical copies and they encourage piracy, but on the other it works with the Mega SG. I've been using a CDX for years, which is a nice little system but my entire collection of MD carts are Japanese, which means using a cartridge adaptor. I also have have a decent sized collection of Japanese MCD games, and to play those I need a different adaptor. It's a pain to be honest. Real hardware has its downsides too, such as the annoying flashing junk you get in the border of MD games and analogue video noise (even over RGB),

So I've been mulling over getting a Mega SG. If I added a Mega SD to it then I could keep playing my MCD games, albeit with ISOs. But that would mean my MCDs never get used again after I've ripped them. It's a strange, illogical, emotional argument, but there's just something appealing about physical media - hunting them down, displaying them, using them on actual hardware.

Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by dyer60 View Post
    Looking forward to it. What Mega/Sega-CD are people looking forward to playing?

If it all works as planned. I'm really looking forward to playing through the Lunar's, Rise of the Dragon again and also play yet more of Batman Returns 3D sections.