Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

The OG probably got lost in the purge.

So I've been hammering away for the past couple of weeks, I like it so far, the reproductions of London monuments absolutely spot on so far. It's pretty cool for me to cruise around the City and West End and recognise things that haven't really changed for a couple of hundred years.

There's been some changes to the formula, most of the for the better like getting rid of the lock picking mini game from Unity, the combat has improved and the traversal is way better. Some pretty cool contextual moves as well. The new rope line thingy is good but I must admit I miss the puzzle factor of climbing from the early games.

Horse and carriage travel is a pain in the arse. But is is fun to trash the lamp posts and cause havoc every now and then.

One of the highlights so far is I found some dudes playing cricket, I stood and watched for about 20 mins, it was utterly fantastic.

Overall I'm liking it as much as Unity, but I'm an AC fan so easily pleased.

This is actually the only AC game other than Black Flag that I've completed. Enjoyed it quite a bit! I have the Ezio Trilogy for Xbox One as well but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Will forever be bitter that it got a 4K/60fps patch for PS4 Pro yet nothing for Xbox One X.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
      This is actually the only AC game other than Black Flag that I've completed. Enjoyed it quite a bit! I have the Ezio Trilogy for Xbox One as well but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Will forever be bitter that it got a 4K/60fps patch for PS4 Pro yet nothing for Xbox One X.
      Ezio trilogy is fab. The reconstructions of Firenze and Roma are absolutely fantastic, plus Ezio is one cool mofo.

Comment

This was a decent entry in the series, the last decent one arguably given the more recent two are really just Witcher knock offs.

Comment

The last two entries both look and play fab with good stories to boot. I got around 6 hours into Origins and 20 hours into Odyssey, but they're not AC games and Odyssey is just way, way too long for its own good. Black Flag is a good mix between old and new AC in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X