No announcement yet.

Overwatch 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatch opened all my deliberately unopened loot boxes in preparation for OW2
    I now have 42000 credits
    I'm also in Platinum! Won 9/10 games this evening. Getting congrats from other players on finally getting back into Plat. All very nice. And not diagracing myself in Plat games either - probably being totally carried hehehe

Comment

Obviously in the general scheme of the game, platinum isn't even that high (top 20%?) but it's a hard graft to get there solo.

Comment

Well, that's the end of that. Looking forward to Overwatch 2

Comment

I've been off the Overwatch train now for some time, and I knew OW2 was imminent, but I am still finding it very shocking that the plug is completely pulled on the original now. I think this has jumped up to the top of my "reasons to be wary of live service games" list - with MMOs and the like I can kind of understand when overheads start catching up to profits - and heck, look at something like FFXI trying to keep its head above water and preserve the experience - but surely the only danger here for OW is cannibalising their own user base across two games, right? I appreciate they're hosting servers, but they're not paying for GMs, or needing to add content any more.

Imagine if Capcom tried to take SFIV offline when they introduced V, V when they introduce VI, and so on. I'm sure at some point that an "Overwatch Classic" is on the cards, but the idea of being so beholden to Blizzard for access to the game you bought is making me squirm.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            I've been off the Overwatch train now for some time, and I knew OW2 was imminent, but I am still finding it very shocking that the plug is completely pulled on the original now. I think this has jumped up to the top of my "reasons to be wary of live service games" list - with MMOs and the like I can kind of understand when overheads start catching up to profits - and heck, look at something like FFXI trying to keep its head above water and preserve the experience - but surely the only danger here for OW is cannibalising their own user base across two games, right? I appreciate they're hosting servers, but they're not paying for GMs, or needing to add content any more.

Imagine if Capcom tried to take SFIV offline when they introduced V, V when they introduce VI, and so on. I'm sure at some point that an "Overwatch Classic" is on the cards, but the idea of being so beholden to Blizzard for access to the game you bought is making me squirm.
            Yeah, agreed. Me and my son have played it a lot on the PS4 and Switch (which holds up well). And now, having bought it twice, Blizzard have just gone and robbed it. We'll give Overwatch 2 a spin for sure, but this is bad practise.

Comment

It's been going 6 years. I'm pretty happy with my money to time value. OW2 will be more like 1.5 anyway. And all my 40k credits from OW will move over into the second game to spend on skins and stuff.

Comment

Bear in mind, Overwatch 2 isn't really a new game. It's just a live service update for Overwatch.

Just they have to call it OW2 because Blizzard always insisted that OW would never go free-to-play.

Comment

I'm happy with the time spent and value of the game, too. It's been great. What I'm not keen on is the fact that the game I bought (PS4 disc and box currently on shelf) literally no longer exists. That's not true of any other old game I have. And Overwatch 2 is likely to be sufficiently different -what with the drop in characters from 6 to 5 and the overhaul of tank roles in particular - that there's a real chance I and others might prefer to play 1.

Comment

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. Value for money is one thing, forced obsolescence is another.

Comment

It's not that unusual. Every OG xbox online game ceased. Obviously, as a huge fan, I'd like the option to go back (like BF4, because the new one was plop), but I'm OK with it.

Comment

Lots of fun so far. The new 5 per team means changes to the roster can make a massive difference quickly. Several times I've saved the team by switching.

Lots of noobs moaning about healers lol.

Orisa seems very OP when coming at you, but I haven't tied playing them yet. Mercy / Soldier combo is crazy.

No idea how the new competitive ranks work. I'll have to Google.

Comment

Anyone elsewhere trying for the first time?

Comment

Downloaded it over the weekend so I will be tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

The new robot push game mode is crazy. I really like it. It can suddenly split your team all over the map if you aren't careful.

Comment

Got accused of playing badly in the first round. So changed to my fave character and murdered the enemy team solo over and over

Comment

Working...
                                X