Overwatch 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatch 1 & 2

Seemingly there is no first play for this, so....

Epic FPS online team game. Ridiculous amounts of fun.

Various characters (instead of levelling) and you have to learn quite a few of them to be successful - teams are normally 6 people and if you don't have the right balance of character types for the map objective and enemy team composition, you'll go nowhere fast.

You can practice in quick play mode before jumping into the competitive league. Definitely get familiar with one character of each class before jumping in. Preferably two healers as well.

Visuals are silky smooth (on the Xbox at least) with a sold 60fps at all times.

Weapons and magic attacks are very imaginative and there's an endless amount of learning to do - as you go up the league, the type of players change with different tactics required.

You'll be laughing one minute and raging the next (at your own lack of precision).

If you like competitive fps, try this.

Symmetra quintuple kill behind enemy lines. Took them by surprise. Built the wall and chucked 3 turrets on the floor on my side. They had no chance https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoinNpsiF9OeiCGdnfE9dVE0P7uD

Also, this team never got through the first gate during the entire round Hilarious. Also, their Diva had a nice self destruct just as time ran out and blasted me down the steps rag doll style during the victory notification. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoinNpsiF9OeiCAotVpUbhMVoIlM

Comment

Totally epic Intense Overwatch session just now - 2 rounds. Won the first round after intense battle. Second round has two "points". Overran the enemy on the first point in a super exciting steamroll (smashed them) and then on the to second point where the video starts. The "point" in this case is the square room where ALL the **** is going down. There's a yellow box on the ground. To win, you have to spend time in the box without any of the enemy team in the box (guess you know this). The enemy base is right there next to the room through - you glimpse corridors at the back at times that I can't get in. I was playing "Diva" who is in default form has a mech with guns and rockets, but if that gets destroyed, I can jump out and run around - if I shoot enough stuff like that, I get another mech back (but this this is really hard to achieve because you are so vulnerable has a human - I do it in the vid). Once my ultimate level reaches 100%, I get a "nerf this" bomb - any enemy in unshielded line of sight of the bomb dies. I got two of these in just this short bit of video. My hands were shaking with adrenaline so I could barely play by the end - lucky that our Mercy angel was doing a good job of keeping everyone alive. I die 10 seconds in, but all the stuff after that is epic, right until the victory (weird lag pause at one point before that).

Comment

Played it a bit on the Switch. Can't really see what the draw is but I'll be giving it another go sometime.

Comment

When you play ranked with a good group (or get lucky with randoms), it's amazing. The sheer variety of characters is bonkers. I can't play them all. It's impossible to have enough time to get good at all of them. But the main thing is the teamwork. Quick commands and agreements from the control pad make it a joy. Holding your team back till everyone is reading. Timing an ultimate cancel (ultimates take ages to build so if you can cancel them, the game rapidly goes in your favour).

Normally the games are less crazy than in that video, with careful tactics, but it was fun having both teams going in full bore.

Comment

Just bought this again (good price in PSN Summer Sale) after a break of years. The roster has pretty much doubled from what I remember, yet somehow - amazingly - each of them offers something enticing to want to try out. Had a lot of fun playing Moira and Doomfist - hehe! Maps have been refreshed and expanded too, and I'm not encountering any of the dreadful community toxicity that I've been reading about at all (mind you, I'm steering clear of the competitive Season mode). The 'commendation' system seems to ooze friendliness, in fact. Just such a polished, fun and well balanced game. The pre-selecting of hero types before joining matches is also a neat idea, and players seem to respect it, so there's good balance of team play. Anyway, I realize none of the above is new but it's new to me. I'm almost dreading getting sucked back into the game.

Comment

It's a great game that doesn't feel stale if you take a break from it... I did the same on Xbox but have picked it up on Switch now as well.

It's just fun to dip into when needed.

Comment

Fought my way up from 1520 to 1983 and only lost 4 games. Awesome.

Comment

Draw in the last game. So close to gold

Comment

Lol the pressure is getting to me.

Comment

Another draw. Dammit

Comment

Hit Gold. Carried everyone with me.

Comment

Finally went platinum for the first time. 2750.

Comment

For anyone searching the web:
                            Overwatch please reconnect xbox controller - solution:
                            If you have to change controller batteries mid game, sometimes it refuses to notice and keeps displaying the message above even though it's connected and navigating xbox menus fine. As soon as this happens, disconnect the controller and reconnect it a second time, at which point overwatch will notice it again.

Comment

I've got 666 unopened loot boxes

Comment

Working...
                              X