Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Tell Em Steve Dave listeners here?

Comment

Currently listening to Film Stories and Raiders of the Lost Spark podcasts.

The former is a great look at a couple of films per show about how the production went and the reception at the time. Predator 2 and Ratatouille was on the flares.

The latter is videogame discussion and is very relaxed and easy to listen to.

Comment

[MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION]

Comment

I listen to the Jason & Osi.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I am familar with said film! What a legend Lewis Collins was RIP.

Comment

Thought the podcast might be up your street!

“We’re only screaming to scare them.” When you think of the great directors of Italian cinema you think of Fellini, Pasolini, Visconti, Antonioni, Rosselini and other people whose names end in ‘I’. But on this show we’re reviewing Codename Wild Geese (1984) and celebrating one of the unsung heroes of Italian cinema – Antonio Margheriti.  We’re joined by Matt Poirier from DTV Connoisseur to review the film and we discuss the eclectic cast, and it’s unusual and spectacular special effects. Show notes Codename: Wild Geese (1984) Plot: A team of mercenaries go to the Golden Triangle in Southeast Asia to overthrow a dictator who is also major opium manufacturer. Cast: Lewis Collins, Ernest Borgnine, Lee Van Cleef and Klaus Kinski. Episode 84.

Comment

What a cast that was anarl!

Comment

Not sure where to put this as it's technically a podcast, but felt like a full audio drama!

The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
                  "An investigation into the disappearance of a young man from a locked room."

I listened to this on my trip to London and I loved it, absolutely brilliant!
                  Really spooky in places, too!

Comment

I think [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] tweeted about them, so I tried Stories Out of Time & Space as they seem to cover films I enjoy like Starship Troopers, The Fly and Blade Runner, so I checked out their episode on Akira, but I didn't enjoy it.

Basically, they just criticised it for 1hr 50mins and every time it received any praise (about 50 minutes in), it was swiftly followed by some more criticism.

I think the thing that frustrated me was that essentially they were constantly saying the manga is better than the film but:
                    A 90 minute film can't fit in the same amount as 6 volumes and over 2000 pages.
                    An animation can't have loads of outtakes or improvisation like a live action film.
                    The manga finished 2 years after the film came out.
                    They hadn't both read all the manga.

It's not a perfect film and viewing it as an adult is different from when I first saw it as a 12 year old, but it could have been an opportunity to celebrate it.

I didn't feel I learned anything either, apart from the fact that there were more FPS than usual in animation, that's why it looks so good, which was swiftly followed by "apart from some scenes where it's so awful they look like different characters".

Also, the one host said "y'know" a lot.

Sorry, I normally like to be positive, but had to vent a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I think [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] tweeted about them, so I tried Stories Out of Time & Space as they seem to cover films I enjoy like Starship Troopers, The Fly and Blade Runner, so I checked out their episode on Akira, but I didn't enjoy it.

Basically, they just criticised it for 1hr 50mins and every time it received any praise (about 50 minutes in), it was swiftly followed by some more criticism.

I think the thing that frustrated me was that essentially they were constantly saying the manga is better than the film but:
                      A 90 minute film can't fit in the same amount as 6 volumes and over 2000 pages.
                      An animation can't have loads of outtakes or improvisation like a live action film.
                      The manga finished 2 years after the film came out.
                      They hadn't both read all the manga.

It's not a perfect film and viewing it as an adult is different from when I first saw it as a 12 year old, but it could have been an opportunity to celebrate it.

I didn't feel I learned anything either, apart from the fact that there were more FPS than usual in animation, that's why it looks so good, which was swiftly followed by "apart from some scenes where it's so awful they look like different characters".

Also, the one host said "y'know" a lot.

Sorry, I normally like to be positive, but had to vent a bit.
                      Ah man sorry I steered you in their direction
                      I'll admit I haven't listened to any of their podcasts but I do have good interactions with them on Twitter in general
                      Sorry their Podcast wasn't up to standard

Neil

Comment

I don't blame you!

Same though. Seemed fun on Twitter, just disappointed. Didn't want to be rude on Twitter, but had to moan somewhere.

Comment

I’ve been listening to Gossipmongers, which if you need a belly laugh is the right podcast to listen to.
                          Basic premise is Joe Wilkinson, Poppy Hillstead & David Earl have asked people to share some local gossip, they then read through all the stories and pick the best gossip to shout from the rooftops about.

The opening story to episode 1 from series 1 will tell you all you need to know about how the stories and reactions generally go.

Listen to GOSSIPMONGERS on Spotify. David Earl and Joe Wilkinson read out unsubstantiated rumours sent in by listeners. At the end of each episode they choose their favourite piece of gossip and it then goes through to the Gossip World Cup Finals.

Comment

[MENTION=16707]Cassius_Smoke[/MENTION], here's an interview with Bill Pope, Matrix Cinematographer, also Bound, Baby Driver and load more.

EPISODE 26 - BILL POPE - Cinematographer Team Deakins has the pleasure of talking with talented cinematographer, Bill Pope. He’s shot so many wonderful films, including THE MATRIX series, THE JUNGLE BOOK, CLUELESS, CLUELESS and many more. A fun discussion on the many aspects of filmmaking, and how certain films were made. We learn how some of the fantastic visuals of The Matrix came to be and some of the techniques used in making the Jungle Book. The conversation also looks into the relationship of the DP with the VFX team, the importance of preparation and what the personal experience of filmmaking can be. Bill is not only talented but very articulate so it’s an episode you don’t want to miss! RECOMMENDED VIEWING: Bound, The Matrix

Comment

Working...
                            X