User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Every 1-chip in except @speedlolita.

Last edited by Zaki; 24-09-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    dvdx2 posted images of F-Zero GX on a top end BVM and said it looks stunning. I'm pretty sure I'd agree from what I could ascertain from looking at his pics.
    480p on a BVM is a totally different story as opposed to 240p in it's look and feel. The resolution is much higher & those thick scanlines are gone - the image is cohesive and stunning.
    Last edited by andykara2003; 24-09-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andykara2003 View Post
    The resolution is much higher & those thick scanlines are gone - the image is cohesive and stunning.
    Makes me think I'd buy a BVM just for F-Zero GX.

Even a mid range pc monitor will produce excellent results! (Not wide screen though)

This a pic to my Ilyama crt monitor via a component to vga transcoder

https://ibb.co/0Mp9NpB

I’ll get some shots taken later of the F520 running it, which is a 4:3 version of the FW900 (which has pretty much the same tube as the BVM D24 (I think zaki is your man for that one!)

You'd be better off with Dolphin, hi-res texture packs and running it at an internal resolution of 2 or 4K.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post

This a pic to my Ilyama crt monitor via a component to vga transcoder
    I had a 19" Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 around 2001-2003, but then bought an LCD in 2004. I ended up leaving the monitor in a garage when I moved home. Wish I had realised it would have come in useful for my retro obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    You'd be better off with Dolphin, hi-res texture packs and running it at an internal resolution of 2 or 4K.
    I've tried Dolphin on two i5 PCs -- one with a GeForce 750 GTX, the other a 960 GTX. I keep getting stuttering for some reason?

I really would like to make the most of F-Zero GX, because I doubt that Sega and Nintendo will ever do a remaster.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-09-2019 at 06:07 PM.

I really would like to make the most of F-Zero GX, because I doubt that Sega and Nintendo will ever do a remaster.
    Will be an old build I would have thought that's all been remedied in recent updates.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Will be an old build I would have thought that's all been remedied in recent updates.
    I couldn't get the experimental builds to work on both systems, so I went for the 'stable' version and that has stuttering. I know that everyone says it's a great emulator, so I guess there's something wrong with my systems. Could be the drivers.