User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78
  1. #71
    Every 1-chip in except @speedlolita.

    Last edited by Zaki; 24-09-2019 at 10:07 AM.

  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    dvdx2 posted images of F-Zero GX on a top end BVM and said it looks stunning. I'm pretty sure I'd agree from what I could ascertain from looking at his pics.
    480p on a BVM is a totally different story as opposed to 240p in it's look and feel. The resolution is much higher & those thick scanlines are gone - the image is cohesive and stunning.
    Last edited by andykara2003; 24-09-2019 at 10:55 AM.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by andykara2003 View Post
    The resolution is much higher & those thick scanlines are gone - the image is cohesive and stunning.
    Makes me think I'd buy a BVM just for F-Zero GX.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Makes me think I'd buy a BVM just for F-Zero GX.
    Even a mid range pc monitor will produce excellent results! (Not wide screen though)

    This a pic to my Ilyama crt monitor via a component to vga transcoder

    https://ibb.co/0Mp9NpB

    I’ll get some shots taken later of the F520 running it, which is a 4:3 version of the FW900 (which has pretty much the same tube as the BVM D24 (I think zaki is your man for that one!)

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Makes me think I'd buy a BVM just for F-Zero GX.
    You'd be better off with Dolphin, hi-res texture packs and running it at an internal resolution of 2 or 4K.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post

    This a pic to my Ilyama crt monitor via a component to vga transcoder
    I had a 19" Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 around 2001-2003, but then bought an LCD in 2004. I ended up leaving the monitor in a garage when I moved home. Wish I had realised it would have come in useful for my retro obsession.


    Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    You'd be better off with Dolphin, hi-res texture packs and running it at an internal resolution of 2 or 4K.
    I've tried Dolphin on two i5 PCs -- one with a GeForce 750 GTX, the other a 960 GTX. I keep getting stuttering for some reason?

    I really would like to make the most of F-Zero GX, because I doubt that Sega and Nintendo will ever do a remaster.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-09-2019 at 06:07 PM.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post

    I really would like to make the most of F-Zero GX, because I doubt that Sega and Nintendo will ever do a remaster.
    Will be an old build I would have thought that's all been remedied in recent updates.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Will be an old build I would have thought that's all been remedied in recent updates.
    I couldn't get the experimental builds to work on both systems, so I went for the 'stable' version and that has stuttering. I know that everyone says it's a great emulator, so I guess there's something wrong with my systems. Could be the drivers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •