User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I'm still gutted we never got to see an Eternal Darkness HD remake or a sequel.

The narrative and voice acting remain the key reason i started writing years back.... Plus from a gamer mind-set i adored this game and as a developer mind-set i applaud they even managed to release it (perhaps on reflection thats an obvious reason why there hasn't been a sequel....and that makes me more sad...)

What they did was incredible and i wish... wish there was something in the modern era to help share and expand that appreciation.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

The list is really long, I do not know what to mention
    Last edited by charlesr; 15-08-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Spanky's Quest for the SNES is a fun platformer with nice graphics and catchy music. You control Spanky as he uses bubbles(of varying sizes) to defeat enemies(and bosses) while collecting keys strewn around the levels.

Stunt Race FX
    For all its flaws this came out on a 16bit console not that far in the wake of the birth of 3D games and featured vehicles with proper differing control to one another, roadside obstacles like falling rocks and animals etc, variety in the tracks, a stunt mode, smaller effects like water splashing against the windscreen etc. Nintendo should have given this another punt on N64.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post

Spanky's Quest for the SNES is a fun platformer with nice graphics and catchy music. You control Spanky as he uses bubbles(of varying sizes) to defeat enemies(and bosses) while collecting keys strewn around the levels.
    To clarify - it that Spanky the Monkey?!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Nintendo should have given this another punt on N64.
    I wish they had, or brought it back big time for the GameCube. As much as I can appreciate the craft that went into the game, I felt the low frame rate really spoiled things. I remember thinking it was a step back after the smooth gameplay of SMK, even if it was more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    To clarify - it that Spanky the Monkey?!
    We can only wonder if the Japanese developer was having a laugh.

*Shakes hands*
    "Have a nice weekend then. Any plans?"
    "I'm going to play Spanky the Monkey."
    "Okaaaaaay"
    *wipes hand on shirt*

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    *Shakes hands*
    "Have a nice weekend then. Any plans?"
    "I'm going to play Spanky the Monkey."
    "Okaaaaaay"
    *wipes hand on shirt*
    Dominik Diamond: Here's our first gamer, please introduce yourself.
    Contestant: Hello, my name's Graham and I'm having a go at Spanky the Monkey.
    Dominik:
    Audience:

Quote Originally Posted by eastyy View Post
    I always wondered with the Neo Geo, given how big and expensive the carts were could they add extra power along the lines of the Super Fx chip or anything else
    I'm sure they could have done. Pretty much every cartridge system has used extra chips to enhance games, even going back to Atari 2600. The main issue - is that the initial development costs of such a chip probably wouldn't have been worth it. It also adds cost to each cartridge, so you either charge more for a game or take a hit on profit margins.

TBH I'm pretty sure someone could make a smooth Outrun or even Outrunners type game on the Neo Geo. I just think it would be a harder to make than on other systems. It also has the advantage of massive storage so you can prestore a lot of animations + road elevations etc

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Yeah, I was also disappointed with the Amiga version. It seemed like an interesting game on paper, but didn't really work well in practice.

The Xbox version is really good. It's one of the best looking games for the system -- and runs really smoothly. I haven't seen it get any recognition over the years, so it's definitely an unsung gem.
    It's good to find someone who thinks the same. Star Wars Pod Racer should have been like Xbox Powerdrome!

Quote Originally Posted by buzz909 View Post
    It's good to find someone who thinks the same. Star Wars Pod Racer should have been like Xbox Powerdrome!
    It's a shame we didn't get a Star Wars Racer sequel that took advantage of the superior Xbox hardware. But at least Powerdrome is a really nice alternative that's ultra fast and really impressive.

Quantum Redshift, also for the Xbox, has also never got much recognition. Another futuristic racer that's worth returning to.