Games that deserve more appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games that deserve more appreciation

Did not know if a thread like this existed, but there are many games out there that came and went and i think they deserve more

Two ps2 games i remember

Demon chaos , Dynasty warriors style game but more mystical and you cut through enemies a lot quicker, the big thing about the game is there was far more enemies with one mode with over 65k enemies you had to mow through

Sword of Etheria, action game but its hook was you had three characters and you would juggle enemies between them which allowed you to use fancy moves ....and i loved that

Sonic Adventure
    It's aged a lot and gets dogged on a fair bit, especially as it's been bettered with time. However, given the previous game was a 2D entry 2 generations of hardware before it and so little existed to copy from it's impressive that they managed to translate so much of the formula from 16bit 2D to 128bit 3D on the first pass

Comment

Sonic adventure i think was one of the first console games where i got a bug, early on where you hit the bumpers before the whale i passed straight through them, and happened 3 times in a row

But still was a great game and i loved the use of VMU. I did wonder what the ports were like though like for the Gamecube and PC

Comment

Pen Pen Tricelon for the Dreamcast has never got much praise. It's quite a tricky game to get to grips with, but really enjoyable once you get used to how it plays. Such a fun game. The only bad point is the lack of content.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-07-2019, 00:56.

Comment

Binary Domain - I enjoyed this game more than any of the GEAR's games and I love the old school Huge boss battles and the dismemberment system. It's a IP crying out for a sequel and with Online 4 player Coin Up

Chromhounds - The best LIVE game ever made, such a shame we'll never get a sequel

Ninja Blade - This game nuts with insane boss battles, gutted we never got a sequel.

Omega Boost - While it was no Panzer, it was still a great game and looked great too

Power Drift - Love this game so much and would so like a sequel

Loads more, but that do for now

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

Pen Pen Tricelon for the Dreamcast has never got much praise. It's quite a tricky game to get to grips with, but really enjoyable once you get used to how it plays. Such a fun game. The only bad point is the lack of content.
            Always loved pen pen - bought it on launch for the jpn dc and even picked up the poster and shop marquee!

Vga out on the us version; still looks great!

Comment

Pac Pix. It got some love when it came out, but was quickly forgotten about. However, it was a brilliant, original idea and made superb use of the DS hardware, and deserves much more recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post

Vga out on the us version; still looks great!
                Yeah, looks really clean and vibrant through VGA.

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                Pac Pix. It got some love when it came out, but was quickly forgotten about.
                I'll give it a go.

Pac 'n Roll for the DS also deserved more recognition. A fun game that makes good use of the hardware.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-07-2019, 01:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Power Drift - Love this game so much and would so like a sequel
                  I'd love to see some talented dev create a proper 3D version that stays quite true to the original but with refined gameplay. Could be something special.

We need more far more indie games that pay homage to arcade racers from the 80s & 90s.
                  Ideally big publishers like Sega would make modern versions of games like Power Drift for digital stores, but it looks like they're not very interested in that sort of thing.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-07-2019, 01:06.

Comment

Snake, Rattle n’ Roll for the Megadrive or NES. Fantastic game from RARE’s heyday.

We need more far more indie games that pay homage to arcade racers from the 80s & 90s.
                    I’d like to see something like Outrun or Chase HQ for the Neo•Geo...

Comment

Thunder Force V & Blue Stinger along with Skys of Arcadia. Such fond memories with little praise at the time if I remember

Comment

Skies of Arcadia is fantastic... such a shame Sega has let the IP fade away.

Comment

Destrega on PS1. Always mention this. Yes it had limitations and ultra long-term play but for me at the time was really refreshing. Fist time I played it my eyes were out on stalks, loved it - what a rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley Hare View Post
                            Thunder Force V & Blue Stinger along with Skys of Arcadia. Such fond memories with little praise at the time if I remember
                            I still have happy memories of me, you and the likes of Lee and many other's at VGI all playing Blue Stinger and loving it (despite what the reviewers said) It was just awesome to go around with a lightsaber, killing all the monsters; I seem to remember Blue Stinger, Marvel, House of the Dead II, Super Speed Racing all coming out in the same week at VGI. Brilliant days and miss them so much

It's also a shame we never got a Deep Fear II I really loved that RE rip-off and the game setting and a Gunvalkyrie II, just with more levels and a control fix.

Comment

Horizon Chase is this in spades.

Comment

Working...
                              X