Controller techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller techniques

Does everyone else play action FPS like this? My boy constantly switches around. Very useful in Overwatch, for Lucio and many other characters. I never thought of this before. Guess this is why the Elite controller exists

I've seen my eldest practicing a similar witchcraft.

Comment

I would have thought that was less effective than the normal approach? Maybe not for specific games but whilst you're able to keep your thumb on the analogue at all times you've taken your fastest trigger finger off the trigger

Comment

I can't say I've seen that kind of technique before. It looks like an awful lot of work for your hands and you are possibly neglecting covering other buttons which you could need in a split second. Sometimes I will flip my right index finger down to the buttons so i can keep my thumb on the right analogue.

Comment

Looks like a one-way ticket to RSI-ville.

Comment

That reminds of having a 3 button mega drive pad and having to press the start button to change from punch to kicks, playing Street fighter 2...

Dark arts indeed...

Comment

When playing Lucio, when situations heat up, wall riding by tapping A makes you harder to track. I've just been doing it to run away, but he never touches the ground. He can stay on the walls, aim perfectly and just hold down the trigger.

I thought I was decent but he's a machine, dropping off walls at speed, bopping people away from the point or off the map and then disappearing again.

Pretty much only a background Bastion spray is the only way to get him to change tactics.

Overwatch is sooooo good.

Comment

That’s the claw technique.
                Personally I always play bumper jumper, keeps jump on the left bumper/L1, leaves your right hand free to aim because you’re not hitting a face button to jump.

Comment

For any driving game i set mine up:

Left analogue up: accelerate
                  right analogue: steering
                  right trigger: brake
                  Bumper/L1/R1: change gear

It means I have feather touch on both accelerate and breaking. I've done this for years, since about the time of GT2. Probably a common set up.

Comment

Falling short unless playing on the controller one handed like in that old Mega Drive advert.

Remember, that be a hardcore professional gamer takes SEGA|AGES

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                      That’s the claw technique
                      Classic from the Monster Hunter days on the PSP. You'll get some cramping for sure.

Comment

Is this the same as the Tekken claw?

Comment

Working...
                        X