No announcement yet.

Official Amiga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn’t look too bad. Be interested to see the other side of the motherboard however...

Comment

I'll see if I can disassemble it later.

Comment

The GOTEX floppy drive replacements have existed for a while (the ones you put a USB stick in), but they weren't a great internal fit for these machines (or the Ataris either).

Then I saw this today, it's the GOEX, which has been designed to fit properly inside the Amiga case of a 500/600/1200 without need for case mods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xW-iLDQ0xM

Think I might get one for my A1200 - with the display module and shipping, you're looking at 48 Euros, so about £43 (although the exchange rate of your bank is likely to mean more like £46).

I got rid of a lot of my Amiga kit about 12 years ago (a number of different A500s, an A600, another A1200 and a CD32) - I hung onto one of the CD32s and the better condition A1200. One of the A500s sold for 99p back then, looking at the prices now I should have hung on to them a bit longer, but all that old computer kit took up so much space, I would have had to have rented a storage container. Should have hung on to that Oric Atmos too.
        Last edited by MartyG; 11-01-2021, 13:46.

Comment

Yeah the gotek drives always feel like a hack. I have one in my A1200 but would like something nicer. Let us know how you get on.

I also need new key caps. My case is still a nice off white colour but the keyboard is a bit yellowed.

My gvp accelerator died as well. Machine won’t boot with it attached. I’ve stuck a ram expansion in there instead but would like to get the accelerator working again. Lord knows what’s wrong with it

Comment

There was a brief moment in time where I thought computer stuff would always be cheap. Console gaming got more and more expensive but the computer side didn't seem to budge, it almost felt like it was ignored. It was good. Then around 2015 or so it just exploded and here we are.

Comment

I would love an amiga as had one growing up as a kid. Not the easiest machine to get set up working well these days, especially living in Japan so looking forward to the rumoured Amiga mini.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                I would love an amiga as had one growing up as a kid. Not the easiest machine to get set up working well these days, especially living in Japan so looking forward to the rumoured Amiga mini.
                The original Xbox has a bang-on Amiga emulator. There are a few really good Pi images floating around. Mister too. If you just want games all those are great.

Comment

That tenner Wii I bought last week has an Amiga emu on. No ROMs, just the emulator. Is it a faff to get stuff up and running on Wii? I had a modded OGXB with some Amiga stuff on and it ran it great, sadly the machine died about a fortnight after I got it. Would love to play ZOMBI again, for the atmos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    The original Xbox has a bang-on Amiga emulator. There are a few really good Pi images floating around. Mister too. If you just want games all those are great.
                    I’ve been thinking of picking up a Pi400 specifically for Amiga emulation. Having that boot up straight into Workbench would do me just fine, nice and compact to pack away again when I’ve finished.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      I’ve been thinking of picking up a Pi400 specifically for Amiga emulation. Having that boot up straight into Workbench would do me just fine, nice and compact to pack away again when I’ve finished.
                      Edit: found a guide to doing it and it seems like it’s a piece of proverbial p*ss to do:

You can all thank me later for finding a £70 solution as opposed to forking out whatever it is A1200s change hands for these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X