User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    In 2019 I would say Stunt Car Racer, The Chaos Engine, Speedball 2, Lotus 2, Mega Lo Mania. Nuclear War a guilty pleasure. The rest are probably done better elsewhere.

  2. #12

  3. #13
    Most of my fav games have already been mentioned but I did love these too

    Elite II
    Xenon II
    F29 Retaliator
    RoboCop III
    Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker
    Brutal Sports
    Pinball Dreams
    Manchester United Europe
    Syndicate
    First Samurai

    And tons more, which I can't remember now

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    The Chaos Engine.


    Easily one of the best A500 games. I love the graphics and overall design.




    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post

    Brutal Sports

    Pinball Dreams


    Great graphics and fun gameplay. The Jaguar version is also really good.



    I remember me and my friends loving this back in the day. Great graphics and unforgettable music.

  5. #15


    A nice looking top-down racer that runs really well. Definitely still worth playing these days.

  6. #16
    Games I respected, such as Leander, Shadow of the Beast, the entire Psygnosis collection Agony, Ork etc,
    Games I'd play the most often by myself, Dogs of War, Hybris ( great memories of playing that all summer)
    Two player games with friends, we'd role out Blood Money and Speedball 2 all evening. They'd always leave amazed, for the day, impressive games way ahead of their time.

  7. #17
    Skeleton Krew: any good and better than the Megadrive version?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by _SD_ View Post
    Skeleton Krew: any good and better than the Megadrive version?


    I haven't played the Mega Drive version, but I do know that the CD32 version looks quite stunning. I need to go back to it.

    Reminds me of 'Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters', which was quite impressive on the A500.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 11-07-2019 at 02:35 AM.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    In 2019 I would say Stunt Car Racer, The Chaos Engine, Speedball 2, Lotus 2, Mega Lo Mania. Nuclear War a guilty pleasure. The rest are probably done better elsewhere.
    Mega-Lo-Mania is so much better on the Amiga than any other platform. The 16-bit console versions are missing so much speech compared to the original.

    Seems strange these days to bemoan a lack of speech. I do wonder if kids these days appreciate what made games so impressive back when mass storage (if you can call an 880kb floppy “mass”) was so limited and RAM so expensive

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
    Mega-Lo-Mania is so much better on the Amiga than any other platform. The 16-bit console versions are missing so much speech compared to the original.
    Amiga games managed to use lots of samples. Speedball 2 on the Mega Drive is missing the "Ice cream, ice cream!" sample. I guess there are other examples.

    Quote Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
    Seems strange these days to bemoan a lack of speech. I do wonder if kids these days appreciate what made games so impressive back when mass storage (if you can call an 880kb floppy “mass”) was so limited and RAM so expensive
    I don't think kids today could appreciate that things like sound samples and speech seemed so special back in the day. Computer/console tech over the past 20 years hasn't had any of the limitations 8 & 16-bit machines had.

    It's funny, because I still enjoy hearing speech samples, such as those found in Speedball 2. I'll never forget how impressive it was at the time. Feelings like that are a big part of nostalgia.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •