Super Mario Maker 2 - Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post

Curious how you beat that level with the stone and 4 doors/keys, the 4th door isn't possible as far as I could see.
    I'll need to replay to check, but I do remember retrying that a couple of times. IIRC there's a star you can use to help with one of the doors, but everything is doable without it.

Comment

I'm disappointed with Story Mode as I feel too many stages are reliant on completing puzzles or meeting certain criteria. I do appreciate Nintendo trying something new but would have preferred a purer platform experience. Can't fault the toolbox though and have already played a lot of good user content.

Comment

I haven't played too many of Nintendo's levels, but I get the impression they're meant as a bit of an introduction for the masses. I am massively impressed by how creative some of the user generated content has become.

I enjoyed the original Mario Maker, made a few levels, played some good levels and a LOT of bad levels, then went on to other things. Coming back to it, I see there are loads of people out there who have got really good at making. The best stages are usually the ones that don't try to be like Mario levels of the past and instead just go crazy. Mario Maker is very much becoming its own thing.

Finding good stages through the game is still hit and miss (although I do think the ratio or good to bad levels is much better than it used to be), but you can get some good tips from some of the streamers, and I have a whatsapp group with a couple of friends where we share our best discoveries.

Comment

Yeah, the creativity on display is very impressive.

Comment

My first attempt at doing something more difficult...

2V8-420-KDG

...or for something pretty easy

26Q-LWQ-DDF

Comment

Working...
            X