User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atari ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Anpanman View Post
    as soon as the 512k upgrade came out I bought that
    I remember buying the 512k upgrade that came with Dungeon Master. I wanted to like the game, but the puzzles drove me mad. ... Bloodwych and Captive were more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anpanman View Post
    that actually moved faster than 2fps.
    Yeah, more than 2fps was nice.

I always thought it was ****. But then I was an Amiga owner. ST always looked washed out graphically and sounded like ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    I always thought it was ****. But then I was an Amiga owner. ST always looked washed out graphically and sounded like ass.
    There are some games that show the Atari ST was an OK 16-bit computer, but it certainly didn't have the graphic and audio capabilities to really impress people who had experienced what the Amiga could do.

I know some people will defend the Atari ST for various reasons, but at the time the Amiga was doing impressive things that the ST couldn't. The later STE variant improved things, but by that time Commodore had managed to make the A500 the 'must-have' machine of the late 80s and into the early 90s.

I have found some interest in learning about the ST though -- mostly by watching 'The Joy of Sticks' YouTube channel, run by devout ST fan Marc.