No announcement yet.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch/PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the DLC is up on EU PSN, 4 packs. 1 of them is a free one. I think they stated these would release over time, so they might of messed up.

Comment

I finished the second main island quest, went back to Awakening Isle, did some more story stuff and I think I'm on to the final island of the story now.

Moonbrook

I just want to say, if you're debating getting this on Switch or PS4, go for the PS4 version. I've built up more of Awakening Isle now and there is some crazy slowdown going on, to the point that it's skipping frames and feels like a bit of a slideshow at times. Throw in a fast mine cart and it just gets worse. It's not like I've built anything too complicated or demanding either. The performance is just unacceptable tbh.

Digital Foundry have a video on it, some of the complex multiplayer levels drop it into the single digits.

The text speed for whoever this person is that keeps talking to Malroth in his dreams is painstakingly slow as well. You can read it 5+ times over before it moves on and I don't know why. It's unskippable of course.

The game itself is still tons of fun. There's just so much to do; it's a joy and the story is great as well. There's something going on with the Children of Hargon and these islands seemingly not knowing that Hargon was already defeated as per the main Dragon Quest II storyline. I'm looking forward to finding out why.

Comment

Just finished it and clocked in at 60 hours according to my Switch. There's actually 4 distinct chapters and not 3 like I originally thought. I do think each chapter could be a little shorter but I had a good time with it.

Comment

Just finished Chapter 3 and I'm gonna take a break from playing. It's a really lengthy game and I think I burned out a bit.

Comment

Yeah it's a lot longer than I thought it would be tbh.

Comment

Working...
            X