Amazon Prime Day 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime Day 2019

Tech Radar always have a great round-up, so follow the link for general stuff, but copy pasta of the gaming bit:

GAMING DEA
    PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Headset £49.99 at Amazon
    Amazon is offering 28% off Sony's PS4 Gold Wireless Headset, saving you £18.99. This is excellent value for a headset that offers great virtual surround sound, a comfortable fit and a solid battery life. Still not convinced? Check out our full PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset review.

PlayStation VR Mega Pack (PS4) £209.99 at Amazon
    Still not picked up a PSVR headset? Now could be the perfect time. There's awhopping £90 discount on the PSVR Mega Pack. The pack includes a PSVR headset, PlayStation camera and five game download codes: VR Worlds, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Skyrim VR, Doom VFR and Wipeout Omega Collection. VIEW DEAL

PlayStation VR Starter Pack (PS4) £249.99 at Amazon
    If you're ready to dip your toes into the water of VR, but don't know where to start, then the PSVR Starter Pack is probably for you. Amazon is currently offering 28% off the pack, saving you £70. The pack includes everything you need to get started: a PSVR headset, PlayStation camera and PlayStation VR worlds.

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Controller - Blue (other colours available) £34.99 at Amazon
    Been meaning to pick up another PS4 controller?You can save a tenner on this DualShock 4 controller at Amazon. You get the option of various colours including black, blue, camo green, white and red. VIEW DEAL

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black) with Red Dead Redemption 2 Bundle £219.99 at Amazon
    Amazon is offering £30 off this PS4 500GB Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle. This deal is good for someone who is thinking about venturing into the realm of PlayStation 4 and even sets you up with Rockstar's open world western.

Turtle Beach Recon 50X Stereo Gaming Headset £24.99 £14.99 at Amazon
    Amazon is offering 40% off this Turtle Beach gaming headset, saving you a tenner. It's compatible with Xbox One S, Xbox One, PS4, PS4 Pro and PC, meaning you can use this one headset for all your gaming platforms (minus Switch).VIEW DEAL

Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset - 32GB £194 £154 at Amazon
    There's £40 off this Oculus Go VR headset over on Amazon, meaning you can jump into VR for cheaper than usual. This all-in-one VR headset means you don't need to hook it up to a PC, phone or console.VIEW DEAL

The Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition (PS4) £24.99 £13.49 at Amazon
    If you haven't played The Witcher 3 yet then now is the perfect time. The TV series is just around the corner and to make sure you're in on all the action Amazon is offering £11.50 of the title. VIEW DEAL

SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset £279.99 £204.99 at Amazon
    Amazon is offering a whopping £75 off this SteelSeries headset which boasts lossless, Hi-Res Certified audio, a convenient dual battery system and unmatched comfort.VIEW DEAL

PlayStation classic is £15.99 if you have prime only 1 per customer to avoid the scalpers clearing them out

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      PlayStation classic is £15.99 if you have prime only 1 per customer to avoid the scalpers clearing them out
      How is it for PS1 shmups?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        How is it for PS1 shmups?
        I'll let you know in two to three days when mine turns up and i have time to mod it

Comment

Note from racketboy: Following up on his epic Saturn Shmups Guide, BulletMagnet, walks us through the original Playstation’s well-rounded shooter lineup. It’s difficulty to declare a solid winner in the 32-bit 2D shooter wars, but the PS1 puts up an awesome fight against the Saturn. This guide will take us on a journey through the …

Comment

Not to be a total downer on things, but Amazon staff are currently on strike due to pay / conditions

Thousands of workers are calling for better conditions as the retail giant's annual sale starts.

Comment

Cheers. Too cheap not to buy. Ni idea what to do with it though; I certainly don't want to play PS1 games on it.

Comment

Urgh, missed it. It's gone back up now.

Comment

Just had all my Prime Day deals cancelled due to 'damage in transit'. Hmm...
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Not to be a total downer on things, but Amazon staff are currently on strike due to pay / conditions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48990482
                    Fair play to them - behind the gloss, it looks like a desperate place it work. Haven’t bought a thing from them since watching that undercover YouTube video.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      Fair play to them - behind the gloss, it looks like a desperate place it work. Haven’t bought a thing from them since watching that undercover YouTube video.
                      Amazon are currently following the laws that are in place in the UK, its down to our government to protect its citizens, something there not currently doing, zero hour contracts have eroded pay and conditions for workers and created this culture of people not getting paid a living wage and being exploited. Any legislation to improve working standards and pay has to come from our government.

Amazon get a lot of stick because there the big guys but if you want to go down this route you have to boycott company's like Tesco, Sainsburys Asda, Morisons, Lidil, Aldi ect too. They treat there staff pretty poorly with a lot of there staff subsidized by the UK government and having there wages topped up under JSA programs. why? Because their not paid a living wage. Don't even get me started on people like mike Ashley and his companys which keep its staff living week to week with zero hour contracts and extremely poor working conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                        Just had all my Prime Day deals cancelled due to 'damage in transit'. Hmm...
                        Fishier than a hake strudel.
                        Last edited by charlesr; 22-07-2019, 10:17.

Comment

Amazon are currently following the laws that are in place in the UK, its down to our government to protect its citizens, something there not currently doing, zero hour contracts have eroded pay and conditions for workers and created this culture of people not getting paid a living wage and being exploited. Any legislation to improve working standards and pay has to come from our government.
                          So mistreating people within the law excuses it? Come on, man, that's just passing the buck. It's everyone's responsibility, through their actions and interactions and choices, to create a society and culture that is pleasant for all. No excuses.

Comment

My prime next day delivery turned into Saturday. Like 4 day delivery. I don’t care because I don’t even want what I ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              So mistreating people within the law excuses it? Come on, man, that's just passing the buck. It's everyone's responsibility, through their actions and interactions and choices, to create a society and culture that is pleasant for all. No excuses.
                              No, Zen Monkey, he's right. Amazon have to do that because their shareholders demand it. The capitalist system forces companies to do this, unless they're run as a collective or some other arrangement.

The Amazon workers can and should strike if they feel they need to; I don't blame them and I sympathise with them, but Amazon's a corporation, which is kinda like a self-reinforcing machine that is designed to maximise profits, no more, no less. It'll only really change when the governments of the world make sure that their profits suffer for those practices. Anything else is just lip-service.

Comment

Working...
                              X