The Godzilla Monsterverse Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I follow Godzilla as a topic on Twitter and pics keep popping up and I still love the series.
    I thought Shin Godzilla was brilliant. I loved the idea of an ever-evolving creature, adapting to what is attacking him.
    That sequence where he belches black bile that burns the streets and once he's cleared his lungs, he breathes atomic fire and it focuses to this fine beam that slices the Tokyo skyscrapers in half.

Obviously, try to watch the whole film first, but this is the scene I'm talking about:

I see there are the Gamera films on Amazon Prime Video, so I keep meaning to watch some of those to sate my need for rubber monsters, but not sure what order they come in or if I can dive in when they become colour.

I wonder if they'll make the Godzilla films post-Terror of Mechagodzilla available in a boxset like the earlier films?
    I started to watch Shin Godzilla a little while back but couldn't get past him being the weird thing at the beginning
    Might try it again though

Arrow have released to box sets for the Gamera movies - Showa Era & Heisei Era -

Gamera - The Showa Era Blu-ray - Arrow Films UK

Gamera - The Heisei Era Blu-ray - Arrow Films UK

From what I gather Showa are the earlier ones

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      I started to watch Shin Godzilla a little while back but couldn't get past him being the weird thing at the beginning
      Might try it again though

Arrow have released to box sets for the Gamera movies - Showa Era & Heisei Era -

Gamera - The Showa Era Blu-ray - Arrow Films UK

Gamera - The Heisei Era Blu-ray - Arrow Films UK

From what I gather Showa are the earlier ones

Neil
      Oh mate, I totally get struggling with the early bits, but he's like a tadpole right at the start (which you don't see much of), then turns into froglet as he adapts to land. Then you see him clear his gills as he adapts to being on land. I know he's all googly eyes and stuff, but it's like a newborn deer on wobbly legs until it learns to walk. The government don't take it serious because they don't know what they're dealing with. Next thing you know, he's melting the whole damn city.

Right, Amazon Prime is showing all those Arrow releases, which means I don't have to drop a tonne to see them all!
      I recently watched Heisei 2 and 3 and they were aaaaallriiiight. 2 was on VCD and 3 was free with PlayNation magazine, 84 years ago.

Shōwa period (1965–1980)Gamera, the Giant Monster 1965
      Gamera vs. Barugon 1966
      Gamera vs. Gyaos 1967
      Gamera vs. Viras 1968
      Gamera vs. Guiron 1969
      Gamera vs. Jiger 1970
      Gamera vs. Zigra 1971
      Gamera: Super Monster 1980

Heisei period (1995–2006)
      Gamera: Guardian of the Universe 1995
      Gamera 2: Attack of Legion 1996
      Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris 1999
      Gamera the Brave 2006

Comment

Dan Stevens is set to star as the lead of the next feature film installment of the Legendary’s Monsterverse franchise, a follow up to 2020’s Godzilla vs. Kong. 

Actor Dan Stevens has been cast in the next film which is locked in as Godzilla vs Kong II

Comment

Shakman To Helm "Godzilla & The Titans" Series - Dark Horizons
          The director of Wandavision has been hired to helm a live action TV series set within the GCU called Godzilla and the Titans which will be aired on AppleTV+

Comment

Live-Action "Godzilla" Series Sets Cast - Dark Horizons
            The cast list of the live action series has been set

Warners Sets "Dune," "Kong" Sequel Dates - Dark Horizons
            Whilst Godzilla vs Kong II has been set for 15 March 2024

Comment

Kurt and Wyatt Russell Join "Godzilla" Series - Dark Horizons
              Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt Russell have both joined the live action series that is on the way

Comment

You had me at Kurt Russell.

Comment

I've just finished rewatching Falcon & The Winter Soldier and was musing that it'd be great to have Kurt and Wyatt onscreen together.

I was mainly thinking of the inevitable Escape from New York remake, but hey.

Comment

Comment

"Godzilla vs. Kong" Sequel Gets A Title? - Dark Horizons
                      The next film is reportedly called Godzilla & Kong

Comment

A rubbish title. Too similar to the last. Pathetic.

Comment

"Godzilla" TV Series Has Little Film Overlap - Dark Horizons
                          The series will be light on direct connections to the films and is likely to air in 2024

Comment

The next films final title revealed:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X