• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, they're not monkeying around!

Nice article here:
    Rubber Suit Kings: The Men & Modelers Behind the Monsters Part 2

Although this is sad:
    "As sad an occasion as a kaiju funeral may be for some, cremating those rubber monster suits that had kids riveted while watching their theater and television screens was a bit more dignified than those that are left to rot in studio back lots, or junkyards. Others serve a more noble cause and are saved, albeit in various stages of decomposition for display in museum exhibits."

Comment

The first images from Apples upcoming Godzilla series, which is canon to the US films, have been released:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          The first images from Apples upcoming Godzilla series, which is canon to the US films, have been released:

Kurt Russel? Why didn’t you just say so in the first place.

Comment

Apple's MonsterVerse Series Hits November - Dark Horizons
            Monarch: Legacy of Monsters is set in the aftermath of the events of the 2014 Godzilla movie and now has a release window set

Comment

The trailer for the show is out. For some reason embedding it here isn’t working for me. Doesn’t tell us much but it looks very tied into the movies and I’m amazed someone resisted the full Godzilla roar.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has posted the Godzilla Minus One trailer yet.

Netflix's animated Gamera show is streaming.

Comment

Comment

I still got 2 months of appleTV free trial so I’m currently catching up on the new seasons of stuff I’ve enjoyed.

Comment

This Monarch show is our and I’ve watched the first couple of episodes. The opening jumps around in time way too much and it has taken me way too long to even have a sense of who our main characters might be. And by the end of the second episode I still don’t yet know what this show is. I’m hoping that will reveal itself in the next episode but, so far (and I could be doing it a disservice), it feels like most of the Marvel shows where they just exist to have a Marvel show rather than having a compelling story reason to exist.

Comment

I loved it.

It’s not going to pull up any trees in terms of storytelling or characterisation, but it starts to flesh out the world prior to Skull Island, and after the 2014 film. I get to spend more time in the Monsterverse with a bunch of characters who don’t rank highly on the annoyingometer. The effects are sparingly yet effectively used. The show has no point beyond fleshing out the universe, and that’s a-ok with me, BAYBEE.

I don’t have a problem with the split time narrative, it’s pretty straightforward to follow. Wyatt and Kurt Russell are inspired pieces of casting. Looking forward to episode 3!

Comment

New poster for the next film

​https://i.imgur.com/lSjeJSy.jpg

Comment

Is the ape in the ‘bow to your new king’ poster Kong or are they teaming up against another ape?

Comment

I might be wrong, I think I've heard about more apes being in it but I think it relates to Kong himself being King. That being said it means the poster has naff all Godzilla in it

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                I might be wrong, I think I've heard about more apes being in it but I think it relates to Kong himself being King. That being said it means the poster has naff all Godzilla in it
                                There seems to be three posters though. One Kong and one Godzilla that both say ‘unite’ and then that other ‘bow’ one. And it definitely looks like Kong so, when I saw it, I read it as Kong being king but I just started to wonder when I saw all three.

Comment

Working...
                                X