No announcement yet.

The Godzilla Monsterverse Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed G2's eye candy sequences but it's more I'd rank G1 and Skull Island very far above it.

My guess is that

They bring in Kong to stop the attacking Godzilla but over the course of the film the girl from Stranger Things discovers that Godzilla has only turned because humans had tried to take G's offspring eggs that were lying beneath the streets of New York city. Mass destruction commences before Godzilla and King Kong set aside their differences to confront the evil threat of Matthew Broderick and Puff Daddy

I'm hoping this is a good cap on the series in some form too as they committed hard over three films to get this one together and I'm very doubtful we'll see anymore entries beyond this one.

Comment

I've really enjoyed the spectacle of Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla: KoM, they obviously really had fun making them.
      Some gorgeous shots in both.
      Looks like that's set to continue in GvKK.

Comment

Yep. As a lifelong Godzilla fan and a fan of the original King Kong and, to a lesser extent, the Might Joe Young movies, Godzilla King of the Monsters and Skull Island totally delivered for me. KotM in particular carried the spirit of so many Godzilla movies and gave us some of the most gorgeous Kaiju imagery ever put to film. It’s gorgeous. GvK has a sort of Final Wars ass-kicking vibe that I am very much looking forward to.

Comment

This just in: James Wan‘s upcoming horror movie Malignant is opening on Sept. 10 this year per Warner Bros. Again, this is part of their theatrical and HBO Max release plan. The movie, scheduled in the hot post Labor Day corridor that Warners created at the box office, fills the place for an untitled horror movie they […]

Godzilla vs Kong has fallen back 5 days till 31 March 2021

Comment

Netflix and Legendary Television are teaming for anime series expansions of the “Tomb Raider” and “Skull Island” franchises. In 2018, Netflix and Legendary Entertainment announced plans for “Pacific Rim: The Black,” an anime TV series based on Guillermo del Toro’s 2013 film “Pacific Rim”. They’re now continuing that trend with these announcements. “Skull Island” will […]

Netflix is working on an anime Skull Island series with a shipwrecked crew trying to survive Kong

Comment

Some toy leaks going around. It's almost always toy leaks that flat out spoil things although, here, it's only confirming something we all spotted in the trailer...

A photo of a Mechagodzilla funko pop is doing the rounds. It seems to have big round eyes like Shin Godzilla. Otherwise seems quite similar to the form in Ready Player One, although with a very boxy face to match the Legendary Godzilla.

Comment

Not really even a fan of these types of movies but this looks awesome!!!!

Comment

Should I watch king of the monsters too? Reviews are all the place

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Yeah! Even if the human scenes are jokers the monster scenes are spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Aye it's pretty awesome - bloody love Mothra

Comment

Comment

Now that has potential but is PSVR up to the task?

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been spoken about after its HBO max release

Comment

I’m tempted to rent it this weekend but will wait and see how much it costs first.

Comment

Its a real shame that we cant watch this in the cinema. It wont be the same at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X