No announcement yet.

The Godzilla Monsterverse Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] Oh... I feel like I should have understood that, following my post.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Kong's eyesight must be amazing though. I can barely read a phone
    Yeah, I was thinking this same thing.

Comment

Really irritatingly we started watching the second half last night and about 20 minutes in the missus started getting a migraine so had to stop. It was enough to be thinking though 'what the **** is this nonsense?' lol

I know part of the fun is embracing the cheese and daftness of the set up typically but at the same time it's a shame to see the credibility of G2014 and Skull Island get so utterly trashed in the bin. I do think I'm going to enjoy the rest of the film as bad as it is I'm having to watch it in three parts but increasingly I'm thinking this incarnation should end here before it gets spoiled.

Comment

Comment

No video of that type should be 6 minutes long.

Comment

With Adam Wingard’s “Godzilla vs. Kong” having crossed $400 million globally, the top-grossing Hollywood-produced movie released since the pandemic, Legendary is reportedly taking steps to continue its Monsterverse rather than wind it down. Heat Vision says the studio is entering early talks with Wingard to return for another round of monster-on-monster action – making him […]

Legendary are said to be pursuing Adam Wingard to return and to oversee a follow up project to Godzilla vs Kong. Rumours are the concept of Son of Kong have been knocked around

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.darkhorizons.com/wingard...-monsterverse/
              Legendary are said to be pursuing Adam Wingard to return and to oversee a follow up project to Godzilla vs Kong. Rumours are the concept of Son of Kong have been knocked around
              Slight issue with that, they said all through Kong skull island that he was the last.

Comment

Yeah, suddenly these movies wouldn't make sense.

Comment

Unless he has a kid with Mothra...

Comment

Apple TV+ and Legendary Television are teaming for a new original live-action series set in Legendary’s four-film Godzilla & Kong Monsterverse. The series takes place following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that levelled San Francisco in 2014’s “Godzilla”. In this shocking new reality where monsters are real, one family journies to uncover […]

Legendary and Apple+ are developing a new TV series set within the same continuity as the four film strong Monsterverse. It follows a family who, in the aftermath of the events of the 2014 first film entry, will seek the truth about the existence of Titans and the organisation Monarch.

Perhaps the interesting part here is Apple's involvement rather than Warner Bros who helmed the films

Comment

Legendary Entertainment's untitled sequel to 'Godzilla vs. Kong' will return to Australia for production.

Took some time but after the success of Godzilla vs Kong, a fifth entry into the GCU is on the way and looking likely to film in Australia before the end of the year.

Comment

Yay!

GvK was a bit weak, but there's still potential in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Yay!

GvK was a bit weak, but there's still potential in the series.
                          I actually really enjoyed GvsK thought it was great fun but that possibly falls on the fact that I don't have much invested in the early stuff & only a passing interest in them so to me it was just good fun

Seeing it in 3D also probably helped...it has great depth & much better 3D than King of Monsters did

Can't wait for the next instalment I was a little upset when there wasn't immediately news of another in the franchise but this has cheered me up no end knowing we'll get more down the line

Neil

Comment

I follow Godzilla as a topic on Twitter and pics keep popping up and I still love the series.
                            I thought Shin Godzilla was brilliant. I loved the idea of an ever-evolving creature, adapting to what is attacking him.
                            That sequence where he belches black bile that burns the streets and once he's cleared his lungs, he breathes atomic fire and it focuses to this fine beam that slices the Tokyo skyscrapers in half.

Obviously, try to watch the whole film first, but this is the scene I'm talking about:

I see there are the Gamera films on Amazon Prime Video, so I keep meaning to watch some of those to sate my need for rubber monsters, but not sure what order they come in or if I can dive in when they become colour.

I wonder if they'll make the Godzilla films post-Terror of Mechagodzilla available in a boxset like the earlier films?

Comment

That scene is incredible. I just wanted more Godzilla in that movie. There is a whole section where he doesn't do anything and I found the movie stalled a bit at that point but, overall, I loved it.

It does make me think that I'd be happy enough for the US end of things to abandon the current movies and start fresh, and then start fresh again and again. Each new iteration has something to offer.

There are a bunch of US 2-pack blu-rays and I have a few of them but a good, meaty proper box set would be great.

Comment

When I rewatch it, I pretty much just skip to the Big G sections, rather than the boardroom scenes, although I like the lame-o Prime Minister umming and ahhing and missing his opportunity to wipe it out because, like, one old dude refused to evacuate.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but some of the proposed later evolution stages were just a bit too weird for me, but it definitely feels like they hit a deadline and just wound the whole thing up.

As for the US films, yeah, it does feel like it's reached the end of its current story.
                                If they drop the whole bit about the bad guys having some super subway under the continents and just move on, I think the current universe could have some legs.
                                I dunno, maybe Gigan flies in because he wants to top dog in the galaxy or Space Godzilla from a bad cloning experiment (although that's similar to the last film's plot).
                                I don't think viewers are that attached to the human characters, we just need some stompy stomp.
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 24-03-2022, 17:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X