PS3 vs. 360 exclusives - fight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    As per the other thread, for me Xbox 360 wins, although I don't think it is particularly one sided either way.

I think Xbox 360 represents Microsoft's most creative and commercial strongest console. And PS3 represents Sony's weakest PlayStation to date (ignoring handhelds). In those first five years some of those MS studios were firing on all cylinders. Before the misdirection and rot of new management begins to set in that culminated in Xbox One. Sony did produce some standout games though.
    Personally I think the PS4, if you don't include VR, which I almost see as a completely different platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      As did Demon's Souls!
      Until FROM did multiple more though I know that Dark Souls was more of a follow-up than a sequel.

I guess the most interesting thing about Chrome Hounds is that it kinda stands alone as this weird oddity. I mean it was by FROM, but it wasn't like Armored Core; it played more like Mechwarrior. Elements of the multiplayer structure would resurface in Armored Core V but it didn't work quite so well (that being said, I would've loved to play ACV properly, with a 5-man team including an "operator" player).

Comment

Time to pull the pin on another controversy grenade...

For me the weakest Playstation console is the PS1. I know it seems absurd but in hindsight, of all main retro consoles I'd favour most over it. Great to own in its heyday but not riddled with stuff I'd want to revisit compared to the other PS consoles or its rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Time to pull the pin on another controversy grenade...

For me the weakest Playstation console is the PS1. I know it seems absurd but in hindsight, of all main retro consoles I'd favour most over it. Great to own in its heyday but not riddled with stuff I'd want to revisit compared to the other PS consoles or its rivals.
          WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?

There are approximately 8,000 games, even if you filter out duplicates and things like sports titles you're probably still left with over 5,000 games - and I would venture the majority of them were exclusive. Even the multi-platform titles weren't necessarily the same on different machines. I'm willing to bet there are hundreds of must-play titles.

I mean, taste is subjective, but I would argue the PS1 is one of the most important consoles ever made, and has a fantastic catalogue of awesome games. True, some of them would get later remasters and releases, but plenty haven't, and even among those that did, the originals in some cases remain superior (personal tilt, but Metal Gear Solid was best on PS1).

Comment

Wait, you’d revisit the N64 over the PS1 SF?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              Bayonetta may as well have been a 360 exclusive, seeing as the PS3 version was so awful. It was a rushed Sega in-house port after all.
              It wasn't in house mate , SEGA sold its stake long before the PS3 port

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?

There are approximately 8,000 games, even if you filter out duplicates and things like sports titles you're probably still left with over 5,000 games - and I would venture the majority of them were exclusive. Even the multi-platform titles weren't necessarily the same on different machines. I'm willing to bet there are hundreds of must-play titles.

I mean, taste is subjective, but I would argue the PS1 is one of the most important consoles ever made, and has a fantastic catalogue of awesome games. True, some of them would get later remasters and releases, but plenty haven't, and even among those that did, the originals in some cases remain superior (personal tilt, but Metal Gear Solid was best on PS1).
                I know, it's 100% a personal taste subjective opinion and I honestly wouldn't dispute nearly everything you're saying there (except GC MGS>PS1 MGS) but looking back if I was to revisit the machine again there's not actually much that was an exclusive to it that I'd care to experience again. If I compare that to how many I could see myself replaying on PS2, 3 and 4 it comes out last. Part of that is the age of the software, but only to an extent as the true is same of the Sega Saturn that I'd go back to easier too.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Wait, you’d revisit the N64 over the PS1 SF?
                ... yep? The N64 certainly doesn't make the experience easy with those framerates and foggy visuals at times but fundamentally the core games are very replayable (like Mario 64, Zelda OoT, WaveRace 64, Majora, Banjo, Mario Kart, Conker, Pilotwings etc)

Again, completely subjective and I think the context of the PS1's library these days is important too. Tekken 2 was a major, brilliant PS1 exclusive just like Wipeout or Gran Turismo 2 but in light of the modern day iterations I have absolutely zero desire to revisit it versus Mario 64 or Guardian Heroes that remain appealing to re-experience. Time has affected the PS1 too much for me.

Comment

Even though I do tend to favour Sony (maybe coz I worked there for several years), I have to say 360. I had great times on long time timed-exclusive Oblivion (system seller for me), Crackdown, PES6, Forza and Chromehounds.

Although, Railfan, Demon's Souls, Everybody's Golf and Socom Confrontation I battered on PS3 too.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Railfan
                    Heh, when I lined up to play on the PS3 at TGS 2006, you couldn't choose what game you got to play; it was whatever was available when you got to the front. The line was really long, as I think this was the first time the general public got to play on the PS3.

Railfan was the one I got; I was disappointed after the long wait (not really my thing); fortunately the game crashed after 30 seconds and they let me go on the next one, which was Armored Core 4, which made me happy as that would've been the one I would've picked!

Comment

I was disappointed after the long wait (not really my thing)
                      Yeah, you're basically controlling FMV. I like Densha De Go so this was cool. Plus, you got to see Tokyo and Chicago. Sells for a fair penny these days.

Comment

(Import Tuner Challenge) This was good? The only one I've played was the Dreamcast one.
                        This was recommended to me by [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] when I just wanted to play something like Initial D, with loads of drifting.
                        I didn't actually play it until [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] did his Genki retrospective and it spurred me into playing it.
                        I ended up getting hooked on it, cruising around the Tokyo highways looking for suckers to outrace. It was really satisfying beating people, especially the bosses, who normally had better cars.

Nailing a perfect drift in an important race felt so good!

This was last summer, so relatively recently.
                        I do sometimes have the urge to dip back in, but I stopped playing because I'd got the drift and there were other games wanting my attention.
                        I've enjoyed a few racers like Forza 3 and Gotham 3, but I always get more of a thrill doing something a little different like Stuntman, Stuntcar Racer and Burnout 2.

Something weird happened with my 360 whilst playing in that it stopped responding to wireless pads.
                        I liked the game so much, I went to CEX and bought a wired pad, but didn't realise it had LEDs in it!

Comment

The omission of Japanese exclusives on the first page is really telling! Both systems have some great exclusives, but the wealth of shooters you get access to with an import 360 makes a huge difference to me personally.

Comment

Working...
                          X