User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You'll get more chances to fight him, and in all encounters he's quite strong, but at least three characters will be able to hurt him;

in my case they were Edelgarde, Hubert, and Bernadetta, in addition to myself. The item carried is a Dark Seal, used to promote characters to the Dark Mage class.

I've been playing a little of this and I'm pretty mixed on it. Visually it really is extremely weak. The monastery looks like PS2 geo with a couple of higher res textures on it, and the frame rate is frankly a joke. For something so basic to run so poorly really isn't acceptable and I'm genuinely surprised Nintendo would let it pass through cert. In the battles themselves the frame rate is a little more stable but visually again, it's just really, really poor. Drab, uninspired environments completely devoid of any artistic flair or art direction. It fluctuates between 1080p and 900p often and the already jagged, non antialiased visuals look even worse at a lower resolution.

The game I think is pretty poor for a Fire Emblem title. The school thing I just don't get, other than I guess a desire to make a Harry Potter knock off. The repetitive structure of having to teach lessons then randomly wander the same ugly monastery environment to pick up side quests grows boring quite quickly. The saving grace are the battles themselves, but I've found the difficulty all over the place there. I'm playing on classic mode and literally on the fourth of fifth battle of the game I was being single hit killed by some bog standard enemies, meaning my party is now a couple of guys down. I'm a little further into it now and it's much easier. It just feels unpolished.

I really liked the 3DS FE games, but this one so far is a bit of a dud for me.

I'm just over 20 hours in, the time's kind of flying by now. I'm feeling it tbh.

Casual/Normal is too easy though. The only battle to give me any issues was the Field of the Eagle & Lion. Casual/Hard is probably the better option for most people since you'll get a nice challenge without having to deal with permadeath.

From a story perspective the game seems to have a lot of replay value with the different houses. I don't think I'll be replaying it straight away once it's beat but I'll most likey go back to it again in the future.

Yes, the more you play, the more the game clicks, especially when you learn how to balance seminars, battles, and Monastery exploration. From chapter 8 onward story battles also become more interesting as far as terrain, objectives, enemy placement, and reinforcments are concerned.
    There are

four campaigns available, one for each house, and one for the Church.

I'm in the closing the Black Eagle campaign but like you I'm not sure if I'll replay any other house right away, especially with Astral Chain hitting soon. Once I finish the campaign I'll post some final impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Yes, the more you play, the more the game clicks, especially when you learn how to balance seminars, battles, and Monastery exploration. From chapter 8 onward story battles also become more interesting as far as terrain, objectives, enemy placement, and reinforcments are concerned.
    There are

four campaigns available, one for each house, and one for the Church.

I'm in the closing the Black Eagle campaign but like you I'm not sure if I'll replay any other house right away, especially with Astral Chain hitting soon. Once I finish the campaign I'll post some final impressions.
    Interesting,

I just found out about the church, it'll be interesting to run through the game siding with them. BTW, did you choose to kill Edelgard in the tomb? I saved her but I'm wondering if there's much difference if you do as Rhea asks.