Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

What has been expected for months was made official in an investment call this past week – that Disney has essentially gutted 20th Century Fox’s film development slate. The studio had several hundred projects in development and while many would have never come to fruition, there were plenty that could have. That’s no longer the […]

Amidst all the Fox cancellation news, it turns out the studio will still be making a fourth entry in the franchise. Back when rumours first began this one was being referred to as War for the Planet of the Apes
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 29-09-2022, 22:18.

The previous trilogy felt really complete to me so I'll be curious to see where they can go from here.

Comment

20th Century Fox and Disney have reportedly set “The Maze Runner” director Wes Ball to develop the next iteration of the “Planet of the Apes” franchise. The project is said to be very early in the works and it’s not clear yet if this will be a remake or continue on from the events in […]

The director of the Maze Runner is now working on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        The previous trilogy felt really complete to me so I'll be curious to see where they can go from here.
        This. It ended perfectly. This is pointless

Comment

It's not done till we get...

... does it even make any sense the statue would be here?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            It's not done till we get...

... does it even make any sense the statue would be here?
            No. TBH you think Charlton would've twigged when the apes were speaking English.

Comment

Spoilers, FFS!

Makes me laugh that the twist in on the bleedin' cover!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Makes me laugh that the twist in on the bleedin' cover!
                20 years later, QC!

Comment

People don't watch old films for the first time?

Comment

When a film is so iconic and also so parodied, it would be very difficult to remain spoiler free but, really, I'd say they were selling to fans here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      When a film is so iconic and also so parodied, it would be very difficult to remain spoiler free but, really, I'd say they were selling to fans here.
                      Ah, that's a completely valid argument.

Here's your Christmas present:

Comment

Going to be honest, I was hoping you'd go all out and give me the end of The Crying Game.

Comment

Probably wouldn't use the phrase "all out" to reveal that twist...

Comment

Disney’s plans for a new “Planet of the Apes” film has had people speculating since it was first announced. Would the project be yet another reboot of the property, or would it continue on from the recent Fox trilogy of films which seemingly ended the story with “War for the Planet of the Apes” in […]

The films director has confirmed that the new Planet of the Apes movie from Disney is going to be a fourth film in the existing canon of the recent trilogy and not a reboot

Comment

One of the more unexpected announcements in the wake of Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox was the news that another “Planet of the Apes” film was in the works with “The Maze Runner” director Wes Ball spearheading it. While Rupert Wyatt started things off with the solid ‘Rise,’ it was the two Matt Reeves-directed […]

By the sounds the fourth film will be unrelated to the previous trilogy but still set within the same universe so we may finally be getting a significant change in era for the timeline.

Comment

Working...
                              X