Saints Row V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saints Row V

THQ Nordic is laying out all the news this morning after its recent earnings call - not only is it snapping up various …

THQ Nordic have confirmed that Saints Row V is deep in development, or at least it's assumed it's SRV after the bomb that was Agents of Mayhem. It's amazing how much this franchise has slept through this gen given the open goal Rockstar has provided.

Confirmed to be revealed in 2020

Comment

I hope they improve the gameplay mechanics, I liked the first two games (though they were rough around the edges) but I didn't get on with the third and gave up after that, it felt to me like they'd made the game as wacky as possible to distract people from it being a bit hokey and dated-feeling.

Comment

Last one was a great superhero game but unfortunately renders the driving sections completely unnecessary due to you being some psycho Superman figure.

It's great fun and has a nice-looking city, though, and it kept me hooked despite its ultimate ease and repetition.

I'd love to see a version using current gen hardware, this is cursed by the same prob as GTA, ie. no current gen entry in the franchise. And it's sad cos it's a consistently decent series.

Comment

It's been a huge wasted opportunity by the devs. They've had the entire market to themselves all generation due to the complacency of Rockstar and utterly failed to make the most of it. Saints Row was perfectly primed for a back to basics void filling game.

Comment

This could be immense if they don't go crazy with the DLC and pre-order bonuses and just put out a great game from the start.

Previous SR games have had me crying with laughter at their absurdity.

Comment

I hated the wacky stupid ones, SR1 and 2 were good gams.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                I hated the wacky stupid ones, SR1 and 2 were good gams.
                Agreed. The latter games were too over the top, thought the 2nd game was so good and what the series should try and get back to

Comment

My sweet spot was SR3, just the right amount of GTA vs wackiness. Never got the love for the first two SR's, they were very pale imitations.

Comment

Assuming you can be delayed with no release date in place, SR5 has now been 'delayed' till 2021/2022 financial year.

Comment

It's been a little over two years since publisher THQ Nordic announced a new Saints Row title was "deep in development"…

Looking likely to be revealed at Gamescom

Comment

Bad trailer for a game out so shortly -

Comment

Comment

I just want there to be a scene early in the game where someone says "it's more of a re-imagining" and someone shoots them in the face

Comment

For anyone that wants to know Saints Row The Third is currently free on the Epic game store

Comment

Working...
                              X