User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Over the years I've seen a few shops that were blatantly re-sealing used games. They weren't doing it with standard used games but they get copies that are bought on release date and returned to them pretty much before the weekends out either because someone didn't like the game or completed it and were milking the refund policy. Easy money to reseal a mint looking copy and pass it off as brand new, often it'd be indie stores but in years past GAME etc have tried this trick
    GAME's return policy was daft, really. 7 days, no quibble (supposedly). I had a friend who used to treat it like a free Blockbuster video.

Yeah, for a short while you could even do it twice before limit kicked in. I did once get a game on a Friday, trade it in on the Monday for another then on the Weds trade it back in for Hitman 2 - basically 3 games for 40

S.Mouse elbow slapper...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Barker BK Wii Code: 3DS: 5000-2698-8757
    When I worked in Blockbuster many years ago we had a Gamestation attached/in-store and can confirm we had a resealing machine. Was generic if I remember though.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    Yeah, ultimately I think you've got to consider them as "used", even if in a sense, they're new.

Are they common games, like Soul Calibur or Sonic Adventure?
    No, they're not common and worth around 100 each when factory sealed. I will sell them as 'Like New' and explain that they've always been shrink wrapped but not factory sealed. I will charge 30 less than a factory sealed copy and hope someone thinks that's a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    No, they're not common and worth around 100 each when factory sealed. I will sell them as 'Like New' and explain that they've always been shrink wrapped but not factory sealed. I will charge 30 less than a factory sealed copy and hope someone thinks that's a decent deal.
    Discs could be scratched to bejeeus Leon - you would never know.....

Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Discs could be scratched to bejeeus Leon - you would never know.....
    I've sold one and the person was happy with it. If someone opened a game up and discovered the disc was scratched, I'd give them a refund. I sell them as sealed in mint condition.

Maybe I should just take the shrink wrap off and simply sell them as 'mint like new'. I will think about it. The whole 'shrink wrap' thing might make some people think there's something suspicious going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I've sold one and the person was happy with it. If someone opened a game up and discovered the disc was scratched, I'd give them a refund. I sell them as sealed in mint condition.

Maybe I should just take the shrink wrap off and simply sell them as 'mint like new'. I will think about it. The whole 'shrink wrap' thing might make some people think there's something suspicious going on.
    That would protect you better - something like ‘new but not sealed - case and disc unmarked’ (providing it is new / resealed)

iirc, it was pretty obvious to recognise a legit, sealed DC disc. Never in my time back in the DC days did I see a proper fake. But I *did* see lots of market traders and boot sellers shrinkwrapping their games, seemingly fooling loads.

Absolute wrong type of plastic, I can clock it a mile off, the DC seals were glossy and pro. Gossamer. This crap was like a thin layer of old carrier bag, sort of stuff them cheapo plaggy poundshop soldiers are made of, you get hundreds in a bag.

It was so obvious to me, so cynical, I remember it used to make me kinda hate certain market stall gaming sellers I'd known for yonks back in the day. Trying to fool people with their fake plastic seals on (sometimes) obviously water-damaged games. Using that new shrinkwrapper device to the max.

On a similar note, the shrinkwrapping in Poundland right now is proper head-mashing. Go look at the DVD section. New and old, all pro-shrinkwrapped. It's mad finding a new disc. Most of their Blus appear to be new...given the quantities of each title...but ARE they???!