Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did retailers re-seal PAL Dreamcast games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Discs could be scratched to bejeeus Leon - you would never know.....
    I've sold one and the person was happy with it. If someone opened a game up and discovered the disc was scratched, I'd give them a refund. I sell them as sealed in mint condition.

Maybe I should just take the shrink wrap off and simply sell them as 'mint like new'. I will think about it. The whole 'shrink wrap' thing might make some people think there's something suspicious going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I've sold one and the person was happy with it. If someone opened a game up and discovered the disc was scratched, I'd give them a refund. I sell them as sealed in mint condition.

Maybe I should just take the shrink wrap off and simply sell them as 'mint like new'. I will think about it. The whole 'shrink wrap' thing might make some people think there's something suspicious going on.
      That would protect you better - something like ‘new but not sealed - case and disc unmarked’ (providing it is new / resealed)

Comment

iirc, it was pretty obvious to recognise a legit, sealed DC disc. Never in my time back in the DC days did I see a proper fake. But I *did* see lots of market traders and boot sellers shrinkwrapping their games, seemingly fooling loads.

Absolute wrong type of plastic, I can clock it a mile off, the DC seals were glossy and pro. Gossamer. This crap was like a thin layer of old carrier bag, sort of stuff them cheapo plaggy poundshop soldiers are made of, you get hundreds in a bag.

It was so obvious to me, so cynical, I remember it used to make me kinda hate certain market stall gaming sellers I'd known for yonks back in the day. Trying to fool people with their fake plastic seals on (sometimes) obviously water-damaged games. Using that new shrinkwrapper device to the max.

On a similar note, the shrinkwrapping in Poundland right now is proper head-mashing. Go look at the DVD section. New and old, all pro-shrinkwrapped. It's mad finding a new disc. Most of their Blus appear to be new...given the quantities of each title...but ARE they???!

Comment

Working...
        X