Telling Lies [PC/Mac]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling Lies [PC/Mac]

New game from those behind 'Her Story', that's in a very similar vein.

Game begins with an unidentified woman getting out of a car, into a flat, and plugging a USB drive into a computer. From here, you take control of said computer terminal, and start poking about with what's on there - the primary interest being a database of surveillance video footage (from mobile devices and unknowingly recorded video calls) that you can use search terms against. Watch one, get an idea for what else to search for, watch the new results, and slowly but surely piece together who's who, and what's been going on.

It's hard to talk about the story in any more detail without giving things away, and as it's quite reasonable to assume you'll finish it in a few hours, it's better that I say nothing.

Post-game thoughts;

My report said I saw roughly half of the video content, so I might go back to see more. A few story strands seemed very loose / weak, Max in particular, so I'm hoping that's just because I missed some crucial moments. As a general note, I'm not sure if I was meant to, but I didn't find any particularly shocking revelations throughout - I began to think David was an arse very early on, and him doing ****ty things was never that surprising. Though this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I think part of me was hoping for the game to have some big reveal, which it didn't ever really manage.

If you liked Her Story, or get a kick out of sleuthing your way through a mystery, you'll almost certainly get something out of it, but it is very similar in terms of how it plays.
Working...
X