BPX040: Prorogue Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPX040: Prorogue Nation

We're looking down the barrel of the gun now on Brexit as Boris Johnson tears up democratic process to deliver a single outcome that wasn't voted for during the 2016 Referendum.

It's looking more and more likely that the cold severance of our ties to the EU will take place on 31 October and a General Election will shortly follow.

This poll is based on looking beyond that date, a measuring yard that has become over focused as though it brought Brexit to an end. What would instead happen is Johnson would enter a General Election having:

-Decimated the majority of his Parliamentary support
    -His basis of supporting No Deal is that it's freeing to the nation which rests a lot on the economic impact turning out to be largely non-existent.
    -The delivery of a fast trade deal with the US that Donald Trump has no power to agree
    -The destruction of the Good Friday agreement with Ireland
    -The surge in pro-independence movements in Scotland

Clearly a basis of his is that delivering Brexit would wipe out support of the Brexit Party and life the Tories to victory... except would it? This is the illusion of Brexit. The Brexit Party would have little reason to step aside for Johnson as he will have already delivered their central concern - however, the spectre of a scenario developing where they feel the need to defend against attempts to rejoin the EU or to protect us from what they view as an unfavourable trade agreement with them will cast a large shadow.

This is pushed further by exactly that last point, we still need a trade agreement at some point and the likely basis of those terms will be... what's already been discussed.

Johnson would lead any campaign with his transparent short term spending boosts and claiming himself as the man who delivered Brexit but his opposition would lead in hard that he and his government collapsed democracy in one of the most important moments of British politics and that as such he was a threat to the thing many Leave voters had chosen, a threat to the unity of the United Kingdom and, if No Deal results in economic damage, a threat to the UK itself.

As far as you see things turning out at the end of November, which British party (coalitions aside) do you think would perform best in a November General Election post-No Deal?
    Conservatives
    0%
    Labour
    0%
    Liberal Democrats
    0%
    Brexit Party
    0%
    Green Party
    0%
    Change UK
    0%

I think you've missed something.

Comment

I answered this wrongly. I just voted for who I would vote for. Sorry. I think the Conservatives will win the upcoming GE though. Their strategy is working well - they have moved hard to the right and scooped up the Brexit Party supporters, they've got their base, and they'll grab some more support from floaters with the empty promises/lies Johnson and Javid have been making about investment in schools etc.

Meanwhile vote will be split across the rest - many remainers are too pissed off with Labour to vote for them, and Lib Dems/Green will never get anywhere near a majority.

Comment

I think the Connies will win, can't see Lab getting in and don't think there is enough support for Libs, Greens and so on.

I'd be interested to see how Farage's mob get on, probably do quite well.

Comment

No SNP or Plaid Cymru on that poll mate.

I'm never voting Tory and I won't vote Lib Dems since they'll just go into another coalition with the Torys given half a chance. Actually that's a lie, if the only realistic choice for my area was Tory or Lib Dem I'd vote Lib Dem.

Corbyn's **** but it's going to have to be Labour. There's no other option from where I'm standing. I'm not confident he can actually beat Johnson though which is just depressing.

Comment

I skipped SNP etc because they're not directly English parties so their success in their home territory doesn't affect the voting of England voters and as this poll is about how we see voters en masse voting in a No Deal world rather than personal voting intention those options wouldn't factor in.

Comment

Seems like we are looking at another general Election.
              I don't believe anyone in their right mind can vote Conservatives. Cameron and the Conservatives got us into this mess in the first place and they have proven to be completely incompetent in dealing with it ever since. I'm not a fan of the opposition either but I don't believe Labour can **** it up any more than it is already.

Comment

My local area will vote Labour no matter what so that's a lock in, I have to pray that the wider nation in enough numbers won't support anything that leads to the Tories staying in power as they're so ludicrously bad now that any jibes about Corbyn look daft now as they've far surpassed any damage he would inflict.

Comment

And my local area will vote Conservative no matter what.

The best thing Labour can do is keep the Government in limbo because essentially parliament control policy now, if they go to a GE and the voting follows the current polling, that will change and Johnson will once again control the agenda. (And probably change leader given the media has poisoned the popular view against Corbyn). However, Johnson will play Corbyn and goad him into a vote of no confidence by refusing to ask for an extension on 17th October, which will ultimately lead to a GE.

Comment

My prediction, no overall majority for anyone, so another coalition.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Prediction:

It is the year 3019 and time for the annual Delaying of Article 50.
                      Nobody remembers where this tradition began.

Comment

Hahaha that’s genius.

Comment

Working...
                        X