Capcom Home Arcade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Disappointed by the lack of #JoinTheElite remarks.
    Trust me, as the guy who originated the hashtag I’d be all over this if JAPJAC were still on here commenting.

Comment

Glad that mentally damaged delusional tosspot isnt on here, he is poison to every forum he infested.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Glad that mentally damaged delusional tosspot isnt on here, he is poison to every forum he infested.
        But enough about Replicashooter, what did you think of JAPJAC?
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-09-2019, 14:38.

Comment

It took me a while to spot the design of the case LOOOL

Comment

The did have actual Capcom logo versions at one point too. Looked a bit odd because the buttons were not colour matched to the case.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              It took me a while to spot the design of the case LOOOL
              Yeah, me too. But it's hilarious once you notice it.

Comment

"The edge of the panel is euphotic, making the console more cool"

Comment

Release date for this has been put back to Nov 8th (on Amazon anyway)
                  Last edited by Jamie; 03-10-2019, 16:28.

Comment

Got mine today, just stuck it on and have had a quick muck around. Some thoughts.

The good:
                    - The actual hardware feels pretty solid, comes with a plug as well as mini-USB
                    - Buttons, sticks are what you'd expect given the as-promised Sanwa parts
                    - I still (mostly) stand by the game selection; there are some nice deep cuts here
                    - Not many options around display, but I'm quite happy with it once set to 4:3

The bad:
                    - Needs a table for 2P, unless you're playing with someone who's comfortable sticking their hands in your crotch
                    - The UI is sparse, unresponsive and generally a mess...
                    --- holding a diagonal to get the options from the main menu when you have 16 buttons is laughable
                    --- the "Control Check" menu does not even register two inputs (1P Right or 2P Coin) at all for me
                    --- returning to main menu runs you back through 2 splash screens; pressing ANY BUTTON throughout this queues your input and will select and boot you straight back into the default game once they're done

The ugly:
                    - It's a giant ****ing Capcom logo
                    - The audio, which has cut out intermittently for me on every game (only for a second, but within very little time)
                    - Take with grain of salt as I've only played on a bedroom TV rather than my usual setup, but it does feel laggy
                    - No per-game options at all - can't change difficulty, region, attract settings, even auto-fire(!)

That last one is a real stinker for me. Even with pretty low expectations, and no intentions for it being little beyond a novelty, it's managed to disappoint me. Some of this is hopefully addressable given they've made it patchable, but it feels like some of this should be obvious.
                    Last edited by fuse; 08-11-2019, 21:03.

Comment

- Needs a table for 2P, unless you're playing with someone who's comfortable sticking their hands in your crotch

Ill get this for my wife based on this alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post

Ill get this for my wife based on this alone.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          - The UI is sparse, unresponsive and generally a mess...
                          Totally agree.

Got pissed off with mine last night after about a hour of trying to just connect it to WiFi to update the firmware , power cycling the unit after failing then caused the WiFi setting screen to either continually scan for networks or become corrupt forcing me to factory reset.

Factory reset is the only thing that worked for me in the UI 100% of the time.

The display settings (in firmware 1.0) appear to have no way to confirm your choice no matter what buttons are pressed so couldn’t fix overscan.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          - returning to main menu runs you back through 2 splash screens
                          It appears to do a hard reset each time you quit out of a game.

The little time I spent playing was perfectly fine despite me not having the unit setup exactly as I’d like , I just want to be able to update the firmware to be able to assess the thing properly.

Comment

Sounds like a load of rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                            X