Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8/10 I lost control and i think i like it

Comment

The game is so much fun, the combat so well done and so satisfying. I can't help but get a weird Videodrome and David Cronenberg vib to this game. My BIG issue with the game, is dreadful map system and how its somtimes confusing where you have to go and what you have to do next.

8/10

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Just finished it today, I enjoyed every minute of it. In particular I enjoyed the environments, the Modernist and Brutalist Architecture of this building that you could imagine existing.
        Control takes place within the confines of the Oldest House, a vast government building being invaded by a paranatural …

Remedy's Control is built on concrete foundations

Comment

Finished it last night, will revisit to try and collect lore I’ve missed but I cleared all the side missions as I went through the story.

I have probably clocked over 20+ hours on it just running around and taking it all in alongside killing LOADS of hiss, watching every projector/fmv, reading every document, listening to every radio show and audio recordings.

10/10 Quality Control

Edit - There’s also one specific sequence in this game, which for me has now overtaken Max Payne 3’a airport scene as one of the most kick arse I’ve played in a game.
          Last edited by Family Fry; 04-09-2019, 14:37.

Comment

Finished it and as expected I enjoyed it more as abilities unlocked. The two main takes I took from it as the latter end of the game unfolded were that it plays better with more abilities but I won't lie, it always felt like a last gen third party action game. There's nothing deep about the simple mechanics of the game and whilst I'd agree it plays the best of Remedy's games I attribute that more to it being a 2019 game rather than a 2009 one. For it's time I still feel like Alan Wake was a much more likeable title. Environments wise I liked it more as it went along, Remedy have really worked hard to find regular new ways to display repetitive settings, that being said I still think the game looks just okay. I played it on PC so it was a comfortable step up above what even the XBX has knocked out for the game but really the game is just throwing around some nice surface reflections and debris over very simple environments, it's a solidly long list of better looking games out there unless you really love shiny surfaces.

I enjoyed how this links in with other Remedy titles, whilst it clicks together better than Quantum Break did I feel like I'd happily see more Remedy games continue within this universe they're building but I don't need Control 2 thanks to the style they went after, it works better as a one and done. Game of the Year? No. I don't think it's even my Game of the Month and by the same measure it's not even the best game I've played this month that involves a protagonist with an other worldly ability giving being fighting red hued possessed enemies from an abstract blocked alternative dimension. It's solid though as a fairly mindless run and gun - 8/10

Comment

Just finished the main story tonight. Nicely deals with leftover side missions from an explanatory perspective.

Not too bothered about going back to grind the final few skill upgrades or mop up missed side missions.

So far, and I may be forgetting something amazing from earlier in the year, this is my GOTY 2019. Link & Luigi may have something to say about that in the next few weeks however.

Comment

What are the controls like?

(#troll)

Comment

Wow, where did this gem come from? One of those games that wasn't on my radar until I read the fp thread I feel like I'm getting to the final stages of Fire Emblem and it's pretty much all I've played for the past month ... so I picked this up to mix things up a bit and I love it, even just a little way in.

Settings in a game really make a connection with me and this has a great setting. And for a generally impatient gamer I enjoy reading every last morsel of lore building material I find. The shooting is simple but satisfying, perfectly fun. I really want to take my time going through this. Enjoy every moment.

Comment

Oh, and it keeps getting better. This game is class.

Comment

Seems photo mode is being patched in next week, can’t wait to have a tinker with that as the game has a great style.
                      Expeditions mode is set to launch December, we shall see what happens, either way it will be cool to go back in to prepare for DLC 1 in the new year.

Comment

The Fridge Boss

Comment

Jeez ... numerous attempts later ...

Comment

I beat it ... then had to fight the same thing again but on a tighter area

Comment

Finished this last night and I enjoyed every minute. I like a game with a singular vision. Control most definitely wasn't produced via a committee. The cold, menacing vibe reminded me of Inside more than anything ... but with influences from all kinds of sources: David Lynch, Silent Hill, even Akira ...

I agree that the gameplay got increasingly more enjoyable as the combat abilities unlocked and developed. Fighting the Hiss was always really good fun. Also, the gun options along with weapon and personal mods builds a personal load-out that lets you play in your own style. It's genuinely flexible.

My only slight disappointment was I was longing to

see the outside world

but it never happened.

Great game all in all though ... and I loved all the Easter eggs relating to Remedy's other games

Comment

I may replay from start as they have just launched a Photo Mode today, reckon there are some cools shots to be had going through the story again and knowing the beats. Just a shame there’s isn’t a new game+ or multi save slots so I can retain all my collectibles.
                                Glad to hear you enjoyed it Atticus, it’s a game I can’t wait to revisit when the new story DLC’s launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X